V

I put my hair in a bun and grab something to eat, quickly making my way out of the apartment and down the street. My legs begin to jog and I start my run, the sunglasses on the bridge of my nose trying to mask some of my identity.

My eyes glance down at my watch, ensuring I know my pace for the day. When I'm satisfied, I keep going and run around the city. Running has always been my outlet. No one pays much attention to me and it relieves a lot of the weight of the world.

As I look around, I notice barely any people outside like usual. It's normal for people to stay in buildings and mind their own business. There was a lot of fear that hit the world all those years back.

When I start to get worn out, I run to the city to get a smoothie. I get to the counter and order, taking a seat at a table. I start looking at more jobs as I wait for my smoothie, contemplating filling out an application.

My smoothie is placed in front of me and I thank the server. I divert my attention back on my phone. There are about three on the site that I'm interested in. As I take the smoothie to go, I read through the job descriptions as I walk back towards my apartment.

"Your ass looks great in those pants, baby," I hear, my body freezing. I turn around, glaring behind my sunglasses at the familiar brown-haired man.

"Fuck off, asshole," I groan, ready to turn back around and walk away.

"You need to watch your mouth," he tells me, and I roll my eyes. I lift my sunglasses up, staring at him. He saunters over to me, flicking his cigarette on the ground.

"I don't need to listen to anything you say," I state, not allowing him to believe he has any sort of control over me. He only smirks. He doesn't seem angry at me, but rather almost playful. He wants to play a game; no matter what it is, he's going to enjoy it.

"What's your name, baby?" he asks, and I purse my lips. I hate that he keeps calling me baby. I only did it once, but I was drunk and trying to piss him off.

"None of your business," I state, turning around and beginning to walk away.

As assumed, he grabs my arm. "I think it is," he warns, pulling me back and forcing me to look up at him.

"No it's not. You don't deserve anything from me and I will not listen to fucking fate," I snap, his green eyes piercing into mine. My lips press firmly together because I'm irritated at him.

"No one is going to want you," he tells me, his words supposed to be mean. It's true; I won't be compatible with anyone. He's the only one I'm supposed to be with.

"And no one is going to want you," I spit back, his jaw clenching. His hand tightens around my wrist and I try to shove him away, his grip not lightening.

"Just let me fucking go," I groan, finally able to free myself.

"I don't want to ask again," he tells me, my eyes looking into his green ones. They're much brighter in the daylight. As I look into them, I toy with the idea of just running away, but I know that there is no use. He is going to keep making appearances in my life. Unwanted appearances, at that.

"It's Alina. But everyone calls me Lina," I surrender, his lips smirking once I tell him. I roll my eyes and turn to walk away, pulling my phone out.

"Lina," I hear him call, my eyes closing as I let out a sigh. I turn around and see he's leaning against the door to the building.

"I'm Harry," he grins. I can't tell if it's genuine or if he's trying to get on my nerves. There's a fine line for us at the moment.

So I just turn around, walking back to my apartment. My mind wanders as I do so, thinking about what might happen. I know of soulmates who don't accept each other, but that doesn't mean they're not drawn back.

Harry is just a royal pain in the ass.

My feet walk up the stairs to my place and I sit on the couch, looking down at my phone. I see two new notifications and I click on them. A follow request and a direct message.

I throw my head onto the back of the couch when I see his name, my eyes closing in defeat. He's following me; he hasn't gotten the hint.

"I don't fucking like you," I groan at my phone, declining the two requests. Once I shut my phone off, I hear it buzz again and I grab it, seeing the same two notifications.

His game continues.

My mind teeters with the thought of blocking him, but I know that he's not going to stop there. It's only a matter of time until he finds out where I live and what my phone number is. I have a feeling Harry is going to torment me.

It's a good thing I'm stubborn and not in the mood for games.

I just let my phone sit on the couch, my eyes constantly glancing over at it as I try to start working. It buzzes continuously, knowing that he's trying to be annoying.

Once I've had enough, I grab the phone and open it. There are at least 20 direct message requests from Harry and I can't seem to piece together what he's trying to get at.

There are messages ranging from wanting to see me at the bar he works at, wanting to see me in certain articles of clothing, and just a bunch of messages saying he's not going to stop until I answer.

All I do is send him a middle finger emoji, still disregarding his follow request. He sends a laughing one back, causing me to roll my eyes. I can picture his smirk; knowing his enjoyment is more than likely at an all-time high.

Scrolling through my notifications, I see that Sean has messaged me that he'd like to see me again. I scrunch my lips to the side, thinking if it's a good idea or not to tell him no. He seems like a nice guy; his attempts were just annoying.

"Lina, Sean messaged me asking about you," I hear Brenna say, walking into the living room.

"I know. I just saw his message to me now," I say, her body sitting beside me.

"You know, you could use him as bait to spite your man," she says, and I look at her.

"Not my man. And also, that's shitty to do to someone. Even for me," I explain, and she shrugs.

I know she understands my hatred about Harry, but she has a point. Making him jealous would be fun.

"Maybe a guy from Tinder would do the trick," I say, her lips smirking.

Two can play at this game.