XXVIII

"You're not going to get rid of me. You're my fucking soulmate, Lina!" I say to Lina, her hazel eyes glaring into mine as I keep hold of her wrists.

"Like I give a flying fuck if you're my soulmate," she groans, my hands tightening. I'm getting angry.

She keeps treating me like this. I'm thrown to the side and she can't get over her feelings. Lina is displaying every sign of developing feelings. She can't talk when I bring it up and she shields herself away from the world every time we take things further.

The fact that we keep moving forward but then take two steps backwards is making me lose my fucking mind. I've told her I want her; she can't admit that she's starting to want me back.

"Lina, stop fighting with me and realize you have feelings for me," I blurt out, her eyes locking on mine. Her face breaks into an emotion I can't read and her jaw clenches. I just outed her.

"Are you fucking joking right now?" she asks, trying to break free but I keep her right where she is. She's not going anywhere.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" I test, clenching my jaw with how frustrated I am at her. Lina pisses me off so much that I can't help but feel enticed to her every damn time she fights me. She has drawn me in from day one and I keep trying to convince myself she's worth it.

Lina needs to figure out her emotions because I already have.

"You realize that I can read you like a fucking book? It's so blatantly obvious and I'm sure I'm not the only one paying attention to it. It's shit if you think I'm not going to notice my own soulmate developing fucking feelings for me, right in front of my goddamn eyes," I state firmly. She needs to know that I'm learning her own tendencies; I'm figuring her out.

But I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall. Her emotions are masked and I feel like I'm getting nowhere, so I let her go. Lina rips away from me and I stay frozen where I am, hearing her go into the bathroom. I turn around and run my hand through my hair. She emerges just moments after she had entered, heading straight for the door.

"You can't run away from this, Lina," I state, then she slams the door on the way out.

My hand slams against the counter, anger running through me. This is what Lina does; she runs from her fucking problems. And I have to catch her every damn time.

I'm sick of it. So fucking sick of it.

I walk into my room and change clothes, getting ready to run. I'm not going to the gym because I have no motivation to lift. All I want to do is run and get my mind off of Lina.

As I run, I take in my surroundings and try to distract my mind from the black-haired girl that can't leave it. My thoughts always come back to her, because she makes me crazy. Crazy in a good way and crazy in a bad way.

When I get home, I shower and go straight to Mitch's house. I end up staying here for a few days because I don't want to go home. My sheets probably smell like Lina and I'm not in the mood to be reminded of her personality.

"Why are you here, Harry?" I hear Penny, Mitch's soulmate. I'm smoking a cigarette on their back porch and I look over at her.

"My soulmate is a pain in the ass," I tell her, her body standing beside mine.

"So I've heard," she says, crossing her arms over the awning. "But you like her?"

I nod, not really wanting to talk about how much I actually like her. Lina is beautiful and she's strong, but she's too blocked off and can't understand her own emotions.

"Do you think she likes you back?" Penny asks, my lips releasing a sigh.

"It's a one step forward, two steps backward type situation," I explain, putting the cigarette to my lips. She nods and looks out, my hand removing the cigarette.