XIV

My hands grip the sheets tighter, my arms then pulling them to my chest. I blink a few times, seeing a room I've never been in before. As soon as I realize I'm in Harry's room, I jolt up.

The clothes from last night are still on my body, repeating the same events as yesterday. My feet collide with the floor as I make my way out of the room in search for him.

"Why was I in your fucking bed? I was asleep on the couch," I state, his eyes looking up from his phone as he sits at the table. No shirt is on his body, I notice.

"Good morning to you too, baby," he smiles, ignoring everything I just said. I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest.

"To answer your question, I didn't want you sleeping on that damn couch two nights in a row, so I switched. I slept on the couch, you slept in there. End of the story," he explains simply, taking a sip of his coffee. I purse my lips and forget about it.

"Mugs are in the cabinet above the toaster," he tells me as I walk into the kitchen, helping myself to a banana and a cup of coffee.

I take a seat beside Harry at the table and he is looking through something on his laptop, my eyes looking over the screen.

"Motorcycles?" I ask, his chin resting on his hand while the other scrolls on the touch pad.

"I needed to get a part for one I'm fixing. I already own one," he tells me, my eyes looking up at him. He smiles, looking over at me.

"I don't ride it often. This town's small enough for me to walk everywhere," he explains, allowing me to understand easily. I don't have a car, considering how close everything is. It hadn't even crossed my mind to leave this town, so I never needed one.

"I can't say I'm all that surprised," I tell him, making him laugh. He shows me some things on his laptop on what he does, showing a few of the cars he's fixed. He does a lot of customs and it looks really cool.

"Pretty cool, Harry," I tell him, leaning back into the chair. I finish the banana and throw the peel in the trash, turning back to look at him.

"What do you do?" he asks, my hand grabbing the mug.

"I write online. Journalism, mostly, but sometimes I get paid to write anything," I explain, his hand shutting the laptop. He turns to look at me as if he's interested in learning more.

"What do you write if it's not journalism?" he asks, my lips surrounding the mug. I take a sip of the coffee, looking up at him.

"I write whatever I want. Typically they give me a prompt and I go from there. Lately, it's been a lot of realistic fiction," I explain, his arm resting on the back of his chair.

"Any romance?" he wonders, smirking with his words. I can't help but roll my eyes, so I mess with him.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I write erotica," I tease, his jaw dropping. It makes me laugh.

"No, you weirdo. I hate romance," I follow up, standing up and putting my empty mug on the counter.

"I would pay so much money to read a romantic novel written by nihilistic Alina," he comments, making me laugh.

"You and me both," I smile, taking a seat back at the table. I have a weird feeling running through me right now and it's because we're not fighting for once. It's out of the ordinary.

"I should get going," I tell him, his lips in a soft smile as he looks at me.

"Thanks for giving me a chance, Lina," he tells me, my eyes looking over his face. I can't tell the emotion that's on his face and I look away, standing up to get my shoes.

"You want me to walk you home?" he asks, walking towards me. He leans on the wall in front of me when I put my shoes on.

"I'll be okay," I tell him, standing tall. He looks down at me and I open the door, telling him goodbye.

I don't know what else to say because I'm awestruck at how we just spent this morning. There wasn't any fighting and there wasn't anything wrong. My stomach turns at what I'm feeling, and I don't know if what I'm feeling is a good or a bad thing.