XLV

My lungs burn as I run, my boots pounding against the pavement. Nick had texted me Harry got into a fight with one of their old friends, but it had turned physical. I knew when my hands started to hurt that something was wrong.

I'm ignoring the pain I feel as I keep running, seeing the house in the distance. I race up the stairs to the front door, opening it and looking around. The guys are yelling to stop and Harry shoves the guy.

"You fucking tell me that shit again and you're dead," Harry spits at the man, blood gushing from his lips.

"You're a no good piece of shit," the guy yells, Harry grabbing his shirt. His arms flex and my eyes take in the amount of blood covering his hands.

"You are a motherfucking shithead. I'm not going to fucking hear your bullshit. Get the fuck out!" Harry yells, but suffers a hit to the face. I immediately feel the pain and I hear Nick calling my name. I cradle my face and he wraps his arm around me.

"They've been fighting for ten minutes," he tells me, my eyes blinking to concentrate back on Harry.

I realize who he's fighting almost instantly, and I'm not so surprised anymore. I had slept with the guy a long time ago, and I'm sure he's getting to Harry.

"Every damn time you think about her, you're going to think of my fist fucking up your face," the guy spits. "You better think about the fact I had her pussy before you."

Harry kicks his shin and I race up to them, grabbing Harry's shirt and pulling him away. The man looks at me and I glare at him.

"I couldn't even tell you your fucking name. You're a dumbass and a piece of shit who I shouldn't have wasted my fucking time on," I yell at him, Harry grabbing my wrist. I shake it off and step closer to the man. He smiles down at me.

I don't know why. He's disgusting.

"I still got with ya, didn't I baby girl?" he sneers, my leg jutting out and kicking him in the dick. He hunches over and I push him, his body stumbling backwards.

"Did you make me come? No. Do you have a small ass dick? Yes. But most importantly, did you come in five seconds? Yes. Get the fuck out of here or I'll kick your ass along with him!" I yell, his body walking away. I'm furious; angry that he even thought to bring up that night.

My body turns around and I look at Harry, his face clearly angry. I walk over towards him but I pass him, not wanting to hear anything from him. I've clearly had sex with other people, but having them bring up what we did is a huge problem. Harry gets angry, and clearly when other people bring it up to him, he fights.

"You don't get to fucking walk away," Harry grits, grabbing my arm and turning me around when he catches up to me outside.

"I can't win. No matter what happens there's always something that's going to fuck everything up! I don't want another lecture," I sigh, turning around. I'm pulled back once more.

"I can't stand it when people, or you, talk about you having sex before me. It's because I hate to think about it," he tells me, my eyes rolling.

"You're a hypocrite Harry! You've had sex too!" I yell, unable to comprehend how we're having this conversation again.

He's getting angrier; he always does when I throw back his selfish, hypocritical behavior at him.

"You make it about you," I remind him, walking away. I'm frustrated that I can't contain my feelings and I damn near feel tears.

"You didn't have to come to my fucking rescue. I'm a grown ass man. I don't need you to fight for me," he tells me, my body continuing to walk. I can't hear him tell me this because I just wanted to fight my own battle. I didn't want Harry to keep fighting someone from my past.

"Shut up, Harry," I call out, his footsteps following me. I keep walking.

"Don't you fucking tell me to shut up. I'm trying to understand why the fuck you broke up a fight not meant for you to fight," he explains, my eyes rolling.

"I wasn't breaking it up for me to fight it for you! He's a piece of shit I threw to the curb!" I yell, feeling tears spill from my eyes.

"Just because you threw him to the side, can't undo what happened!" he yells, running his hand through his hair. It's making me so angry that he's acting this way. He doesn't get to say this to me.

"You're a fucking asshole, Harry. You can't undo screwing other girls, just like I can't unscrew guys," I remind him. It's not one-sided. He's at fault too.

"I can't keep fighting guys like that," he says, and I throw my arms up.

"I didn't tell you to!" I express, his head shaking.

"Any man who mentions you in that kind of way is damn near begging me to kick their ass. You're mine, Lina!" he yells, and I shake my head.

"What? What is your problem?" he asks at my gesture, his body taking a step towards me. I shove at his chest and feel the tears fall. My feelings for him are too strong for me to just want to walk away like I used to.

"You are! You always get angry at my past and I fucking hate it!" I yell, his hands grabbing my wrists. "Just let it stay in the past!"

Harry's eyes stare down at me, his hands tight but not as tight as they once were around my wrists.

"I hate knowing that other people have had you before me," he explains for the millionth time.

"Jealousy is a terrible trait on you," I whisper, pulling away. I turn on the sidewalk, wiping my cheeks.

"It looks just as bad on you, you know?" he calls out, and I raise my middle finger. "You can't stand it when girls look at me. I know you hate it!"

I gather myself and damn near explode, hating that I've reached my breaking point. My feet turn to face him.

"Because I love you! I love you, you fucking dick!" I yell at him, his eyes widening at my words. My tears fall and I just turn around, leaving him stunned on the street.