XLIII

"Just say it back," Brenna tells me, sipping at her straw. I roll my eyes and she smiles, my hand grabbing my water.

"I don't know if I do though. I know I'm never going to get rid of him, but still," I sigh, drinking my water after I finish.

"I mean, the way you look at him now versus when you did in the beginning, clearly you feel something for him," she explains, my shoulders shrugging.

"I've never said that in my life though," I tell her, her hand grabbing my wrist.

"Lina, you obviously have feelings for him. You've never felt like this in your life and if that doesn't mean love, I don't know what does," she says, my eyes glancing over to the door. I spot Harry, his torso covered in a plaid shirt I've never seen him in before. He had changed prior to coming to work, and he has the sleeves rolled up to the elbows. Harry looks fucking hot and I want him.

I want him all the fucking time.

"Hop on it Lina because damn you want that boy," Brenna says, slapping my thigh.

"Fine, I have feelings for him. But I don't want to call it love," I rush out, taking a sip of my water. She starts laughing and I just stand up, excusing myself to smoke. I walk out the side and light the cigarette, leaning against the wall.

"Gave myself five minutes," I hear Harry, his body walking over to mine. I hand him the cigarette and he drags, handing it back to me.

"Are you still coming home with me?" he asks, leaning his arm on the wall beside me.

"If you want me too," I say, his eyebrow lifting as he looks at me. I smile and reach up to cup his chin. He smiles and leans down, pressing his lips to mine.

"I always want you to stay with me," he whispers on my lips, causing a chill to run up my spine. He presses another kiss to my lips, lifting his head so I can smoke.

"You're staying away from men?" he asks, my head tilting to look up at him. I could play with him, like I would have when we first met, but I feel as though I can't even do that. I know what he's feeling; he loves me.

"Of course," I tell him, his smile showing. I just shove him because his response is so damn cheeky, causing a chuckle to emit from his lips. I flick the finished cigarette onto the ground.

"Don't be looking at any tits, Harry," I tell him, a smirk crossing my lips. His hand grabs my neck almost immediately, pulling my face so his lips touch mine.

"The only tits I'm looking at are yours and I can damn near through this shirt," he whispers, making me laugh.

"I know," I smile, his hand trailing down so he can grab my breast. His lips press to mine and he pushes me against the wall, my body feeling his press against me. It's enough to give me the sense of his arousal.

"Fuck, I have go back to work," he groans on my lips, my hands grabbing his cheeks and keeping him in place. He kisses me again and he puts a hand on the wall by my head, preventing him from falling into me.

"I gotta go." He pulls himself up and I puff out my lower lip, his finger poking it.

"Go back to Brenna, then I get you all night," he says, kissing my cheek before walking away. I open the door and walk back in to meet back with Brenna, her body leaning on the bar as she talks to one of the bartenders working.

We make conversation for a while before we go and dance, the two of us laughing as we do so. She and I haven't hung out in a while because of how busy we've been. By busy, we're spending more time with our soulmates.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" I ask Brenna, the two of us going to the bar to get waters. I pull my hair back into a ponytail and take a seat.

"Ben just texted me that he's on his way," she tells me and I nod, taking a sip of my water.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about that," she continues, my head tilting to look up at her.

"You alright?" I ask, and she nods.

"Lina, Ben wants me to move in with him," she tells me, my lips parting. She's going to move in with her soulmate and I don't understand where I'm at with mine.

"Brenna that's awesome," I tell her, wanting to be happy for her. There's a part in me that's realizing that I'm stuck where I'm at, and now I'm not going to be able to afford my apartment without a roommate.

"I know I'm not going to be able to pay for half anymore. I'm sorry, but I love him," she tells me and I cut her off.

"Brenna, I'm not that much of a bitch. You do what you need. I'm happy for you and you deserve this," I tell her, and she smiles. She gives me a hug and lets me go just as Ben texts her. We say our goodbyes and I watch her walk out, my body taking a seat at the bar. I put my head in my hands, taking a deep breath.

"Baby," I hear Harry, his hands setting on my waist. He leans over me and rests his head in my neck, kissing my cheek.

"What's wrong?" he asks, taking note to my lack of response. I don't want to think about not finding a random roommate. It sounds terrible.

"Brenna," I tell him, lifting my body and turning the chair to look at him. He grabs my cheeks and I close my eyes, his thumbs brushing my cheeks.

"Did she do something to you?" he wonders, my head shaking. I reach and take his hands off my face to hold them.

"She's moving out," I tell him, his eyes cast down at me as I fight back whatever it is I'm feeling. I don't know if I'm sad or excited for her or just nervous I'm not going to have any money to pay for anything.

"What's going on in your mind right now?" he asks, tugging me up from my chair to lead me outside. His hand sets on the small of my back and we go out to the side, sitting on the stairs.

"I guess I'm just in shock. The thought of her moving out never crossed my mind. I shouldn't be surprised but fuck," I sigh, putting my head in my hands. "I have no fucking way of paying for her half. I'm comfortable with what I have for myself, but not for both."

Harry starts to run his hand down my back in an attempt to sooth me, but I'm afraid I'm too far in my thoughts. The thought of moving anywhere else but my apartment scares me. I've lived there since I moved out of my mom's place and I'll be damned if I lived with her again.

"I can't go back to my mom's," I explain, his hand brushing my ponytail away from my face. I sit straight and look ahead, taking a deep breath. I'm getting angry at the silence as we sit here; frustration just building as I begin to feel myself panicking.

"Just say something. Fuck," I state, his hand stopping it's movement on my back.

Then his hand grabs my cheek and he forces my head to turn, his lips pressing to mine immediately after. It catches me by surprise but I welcome it, not knowing how this is going to help me.

But it makes me calmer; takes away my anxious thoughts.

When he pulls away, Harry keeps hold of my cheek and I look at him. His eyes are focused on my lips before he trails them to meet my gaze.

"Lina, move in with me," he whispers, my heart stopping. I swallow hard and feel flustered, not really recognizing that all this time it must have seemed like I was damn near begging for him to ask me this. But not once did living with him ever cross my mind.

"I know you're shocked by all this, and you don't need to answer me, but just think about it. Give it thought; I'll wait for you. Always," he tells me, reminding me once more that he does have feelings for me that I still have yet to reciprocate.

Harry just kisses my forehead and stands up, taking my hand and lifting me from the stairs. I'm taken aback by how our lives have changed into one morphed together. It still surprises me how the fuck I've grown to become someone he needs, just as I need him.