XI

"I guess it was natural," I shrug, listening to Harry tell his side of the first night we met. I'm not going to sit here and act like it was enjoyable; he was acting quite disgusting.

"I was just trying to get a reaction out of you. You fought back; it was fun," he grins, extinguishing his cigarette in the tray he had on the table.

"Yeah. Fun," I roll my eyes, knowing how terrible his behavior was. Well, how it still is.

Harry adjusts how he's sitting on his chair and I look over at him, his shirtless torso still in sight. He flickers his gaze to the clock, enough time to allow me to look at his torso. He's muscular; chiseled and tattooed appropriately for his body.

I finish my cigarette and set it on the tray.

"I still don't understand why you find it so necessary to be around me," I break the silence. His head turns to look at me and I look into his eyes, his body leaning closer to mine.

"Lina, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm not attracted to you," he tells me, my lips curving. I knew he found me attractive; it was just whether or not he wanted to admit it.

"Okay, And?" I ask, not knowing why that constitutes his need to follow me around. I don't need him turning into Joe Goldberg; obsessed and murderous.

"Lina! You're my fucking soulmate!" he says, raising his voice. "Am I not supposed to want to be around you?"

I shrug my shoulders, getting frustrated. "I don't know how any of that works, Harry! I'm not going to apologize for that!"

He stands up and I do as well, walking into the living room and grabbing my heels. Before I can reach them, Harry grabs my arm and tugs my back into him.

"You don't get to run away from me when we're in the middle of talking," he states firmly, my arm ripping away from his.

"Like that conversation was going anywhere?" I sarcastically say, leaning down and grabbing my heels.

"Lina, just listen to me," he tries, my body standing in front of his. I look up at him slightly, not wanting to listen, but I choose to. His hands grasp my arms tightly, ensuring I stay in place.

"I'm not going to let you walk away easily. Ever," he starts, my eyes unable to figure out the emotion on his face. He's not angry, but he's not happy. I'm not happy either, but now I'm interested in what he's going to say.

"I'm not the type of person who walks away from something when it's difficult. I also don't take shit from people. Yours, especially. You don't get to call the shots, and neither do I. Fuck fate, because right now, I'm just trying to get to fucking know you. You are by far the most annoyingly stubborn woman, but you are by far the most interesting. That's why I'm not going to stop being around you," he declares, my body frozen in his grasp.

I understand that I'm stubborn, but people usually just put up with my shit. I'm not used to someone throwing it back at me and putting me in my place. If Harry intends on doing so, I'm only going to get more stubborn and more annoying.

Right now, I'm speechless. This doesn't happen often, and I feel like an idiot.

"Just give me a fucking chance because you haven't even tried," he stresses, trying to get something out of me. I can tell he's sincere, but it still doesn't change anything. I bite my lower lip, not knowing what to do next. Harry is trying to prove himself to me in some way and I can't think properly.

"What do you want from me?" I ask. I don't know what he expects me to do or what he thinks is going to happen, so I just want it out on the table. He's not getting much from me.

"Let me take you out. Dinner tonight," he suggests, and I purse my lips. It's such a small thing, but it just sounds like a date. I don't want him to think it's that; he'll get too involved and think this is going somewhere.

"I'm not going on a date with you," I tell him, his hands letting me go. He runs his hand through his, my eyes still looking at him. My attention is on him. As much as I keep telling myself to forget this conversation, I can't seem to.

"Then it doesn't have to be," he tells me, my breathing growing heavy. I sigh, unwilling to let myself decline. I should be more open-minded, but it's difficult. I've sheltered myself from the world fairly well.

"Fine," I say, sitting on the couch to put on my heels.

"Seriously? Because if you pull some stupid shit excuse when I get to your house, I'm going to be pissed," he says, sitting on the table in front of me.

My lips release a sigh as I lean my elbows on my knees, looking at him.

"I'm serious. I'll be ready by 7," I tell him, standing up. Harry follows me to the door, not saying anything as we do so.

"I'll see you at 7 then?" he tells me, and I turn to look at him.

"7," I repeat, nodding me head. I walk out the door, but I can feel him watching me.

"Take a picture. It'll last longer," I tell him, hearing him laugh from the doorway. I tilt my head to look over, unable to hide the smile toying at my lips. He smiles at me and shuts the door, my heels echoing the hall as I walk towards the exit.

My mind is spinning with the past few moments and all that is running through my head is 'what the fuck'.