XXXVI

I sit on the steps in the back of the bar, waiting for Harry to finish his shift. My fingers hold a cigarette and I smoke it, looking at my phone. I read through a list of new prompts I can choose from to write, my lips scrunching as I look at them.

"You look hot tonight, baby," I hear Harry, looking up at him. His body takes a seat beside me and I lean my head on his shoulder, his lips pressing to my hair.

"I don't know what prompt to choose," I tell him, handing him my phone. He reads through them, my fingers placing the cigarette between his lips.

"You could always do romance, baby. Wouldn't mind if you wrote an exposé on us," he tells me, my hand grabbing my phone.

"What? About how I hate you but you fuck me better than anyone?" I say, his hand grabbing my chin. I'm forced to look at him and I smile, knowing I'm getting a rise out of him. His hand is tight, but I don't mind. He removes the cigarette from his lips.

"You drive me crazy, Lina. I swear to fucking god," he groans, pecking my lips before letting me go. We finish the cigarette and he wraps his arm around me, keeping close watch on me.

"You gonna talk about what happened today?" he asks, extinguishing the cigarette on the ground. He leans back and looks at me, my lips pressing together. Anything regarding my father is a touchy subject. Now that he's back in my life, supposedly, I don't even want to think about anything involving him.

"I don't want to. He's nothing," I say, his hand brushing against my back. I look at him and his jaw clenches, knowing he doesn't like my answer.

"I don't want to talk about him because I have you. I know that having you means I'm not going to hurt," I explain, his lips curving into a smile. He sits back straight and reaches for my cheek, taking it into his hand.

"You finally realized it," he says, making me push him away. A smile is on my lips and he laughs, pulling me tighter into his body. I can't help but start laughing with him, my forehead moving to rest on his.

"You're mine," I grin, his lips on mine almost immediately after. His hand grabs my chin as his lips move with mine, keeping my body close to his.

He pulls away slowly and moves his hand to my neck, my eyes opening to look up at him.

"Lina," he says, my lower lip taken between my teeth. My eyes glimpse between his lips and eyes, his hand lightly wrapped around my neck. He hasn't done this in a while, and I don't know what he wants from me. All I know is that I want him.

"Lina, I don't know how this shit works," he says, my lips pressing together. "I want to take you out on a date. I want to show you off; make sure people know you're mine. I fucking want you to be by my side all the damn time. I hate when you're not by me. I just want you."

My eyes look up at him, unable to understand what is going on in my mind. Not even my mind; what's going on in my heart. He's making me fall for him and I don't want to think about it.

I lean in and kiss him, his arm wrapping around me. He lifts me onto his lap and he kisses me, holding me close and tight so I can't let go. I wouldn't want to, even if I could.

My fingers run into his hair, his hand running along my waist as I continue to wrap myself around him. My legs rest on either side of his legs and I straddle his body on the back stairs to the bar, continuing to make out with him.

"I cannot live without knowing you're mine," he whispers against my lips. "It's all I fucking want."

"I'm yours, Harry," I say, running my hand over his cheek. He smiles up at me and kisses me, my body lifted up. He sets me on the ground and we go into the bar, his body following behind me as I walk.

Harry buys me a drink and we stand in the back corner, his arm wrapping around my shoulders as we stay close. He starts to kiss my neck, causing me to close my eyes and smile at the feeling.

"Where are we staying tonight?" I ask, hooking my arm around his waist. His teeth nip at my skin and I laugh, forcing his head to lift up.

"Mm, you wanna stay with me?" he smirks, my eyes rolling. He's acting as if we didn't just have a possessive conversation about each other twenty minutes ago.

"I like it when you're in my bed," he tells me, my lips pressing to his. Harry's hand throws his beer bottle to the side and he wraps me in his arms.

"Makes my sheets smell like you," he says in between kisses. My hand grabs his face and I continue to kiss him. His hand travels down and grabs my ass, my hands trailing to feel over his chest.

"Can we smoke?" I ask, his head lifting to look at me. I lift my hand back up to his cheek and I brush my thumb along his cheekbone, his eyes looking at me softly. I don't know what's going on in his mind, but Harry looks like he's thinking about something. More than likely, it's something regarding me.

"What?" I ask, his tongue licking his lips before he looks away. I grab his chin and force him to look back at me, his green eyes dark in the light.

His silence is almost killing me, my eyebrows furrowing as I look at him. He just leans down, putting his lips to my ear. But he doesn't say anything, wrapping his arms around me in a hug. I freeze for a moment, but I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck.

"What's happening?" I ask, moving one of my hands into his hair. I have no idea what suddenly flipped the switch, but I can't help but stay. If this had happened a few months back, I'd have left him in the dust and forced him to stay away from me.

"I'm enjoying you not hating me," he says, my eyes narrowing as I begin to grow amused. He snorts, making the two of us laugh. I can tell that he's covering up what he wants to say, simply because I know what it is.

I've caught on to what he's feeling; it's deep. It's not something either of us have experienced and I know damn well I'm never going to admit what it is. There are four letters; that's what it is. Fate has brought us together and I find that I'm no longer angry at the fact, but I am angry at my feelings.

I'm angry that I'm giving into them, but at the same time, I need to in order to keep feeling the way I do right now. Harry's more than likely in the same boat as me, and I can't let it go. I can't let him go because I know I'd be in trouble.

"Just don't piss me off," I grin up at him, his lips pressing to mine for only a second. It's enough to make me feel flushed. I'm glad the room is dim, allowing my blush to go unnoticed.

"Right back at ya, baby," he smirks, kissing me once more.