☁️

"i fucking hate you." jodi said as she pushed her brother away from her.

"why? i'm being nice."

"there's no fucking way you rescheduled it."

"well i did, get over it."

"schlatt." she whined.  "i was still thinking it over."

"and how far did you get with that? it's been almost two weeks since this issue came up and you still didn't have an answer. plus the ticket i got was refundable so i got my money back." her brother shrugged nonchalantly.

"yeah but doesn't that mess up any plans you guys planned for that week?"
"we already talked about that and it doesn't really interfere with anything so we're good. stop worrying."

jodi's shoulders dropped as she took a deep breath, realizing she was probably being a little dramatic.

"thanks, i guess."
schlatt chuckled.

"you're welcome, i guess." he mimicked her and walked into his room, closing the door behind him.
she rolled her eyes and went into her room, closing the door as well.

she threw her phone on her bed before dropping her notebook onto her desk and pulling out a sticky note from one of the drawers, quickly writing down a couple topics she was still struggling with.

jodi was putting her pen back into the case when her phone started dinging. she could tell it was cooper calling since it was the ringtone he picked out for himself which was one of the most obnoxious to listen to.

jodi went over to her bed and answered the call.

"hey, how was cla-"
"i'm gonna kill you." she cut him off making his head jerk back, surprised.

"well hello to you too."

"cooper." she said sternly making him chuckle.

"okay, okay. i'm guessing schlatt told you."

"you'd be guessing right." she finished with a sarcastic smile.

"okay look. it was a compromise."
"how?"

"i was just gonna catch a flight to you and ride back with you to cali but schlatt wouldn't let me." he explained.

"wait you were being serious?" jodi asked, remembering him saying that on one of their discord convos.

"lul, yeah."

"i would've killed you."
"yeah that's what schlatt said."

she sighed and ran her hands through her hair.

"i wouldn't be as pissed if he had just let me pay for my own flight, dumbass just bought two expensive ass tickets."

cooper let out an awkward laugh making jodi squint at him.
"what did you do?"

"heh, uh, i may or may not have bought your ticket." he spat out.

jodi's jaw dropped.

"you what?!" she screeched causing cooper to cringe at the loudness.
"why would you do that?!"

"i couldn't fly out with you so i thought the least i could do was get the ticket for you."

"now i'm really gonna kill you. you literally just bought your own death. you will perish."

"can't wait." he said with a little smirk, causing jodi to roll her eyes for what felt like the 30th time that day.

"i hope you know i'm gonna pay you back."
"like hell you are." cooper said.

"it's still gonna happen. i'm still gonna do it." she persisted.

"i won't take your filthy money. you can't make me."

"cooper why?" she whined.
"because." he whined back.

"but that's so much money dude. i can't just not pay you back."

"the fact that you're gonna be here is enough payment in itself."
she scoffed but couldn't deny the incoming warmth in her cheeks.

"that sounds like prostitution cooper."

he threw his hand over his mouth, trying to keep himself from laughing. "that's not funny."

"why are you trying not to laugh then."

"because you're funny looking." he retaliated.
she gasped dramatically.

"says the one with the justin bieber hair."

"wow, low blow dude."

"everything is a low blow to you. how tall are you again?"

"what the fuck! why am i being emotionally abused right now."

"just wait until we're in person. there's gonna be a lot more than emotional abuse."

"i hope you're referring to the devils tango."
"goodbye cooper."

"no no no, i was just kidding. haha laugh funny, ya know?"

"well i'm gonna go take a shower so i'm hanging up either way."

"no take me with you!" he begged right before she clicked on the red button to end the call.