☁️

"how did you even manage?"
"carson wouldn't even mess this up."
"sometimes your stupidity really does amaze me."

jodi pushed schlatt out of the kitchen as carson laughed at the two. once jodi came back in, she aggressively picked up the whisk and the box and began simultaneously moving her hands.

"i mean can you really be mad at him?" carson asked which he quickly regretted after the girl slowly lifted her head to glare at him.

"it's an add water mixture, all you had to do was add water." he continued, against his brain declaring it was a bad idea.

jodi put the whisk down into the bowl, slapped her hands against the counters surface and took a deep breath. she once again picked up what was previously in her hand and began to add more of the dry mixture.

"all i did was add just a little too much water. i just have to put more mixture in, you act like these pancakes are gonna come out as mutants if i don't do each step chronologically."

she finally got the mixture to the thickness that it needed to be and sprayed the frying pan with nonstick spray.

"the only step was to add water though." he still pressed on.

"carson get out."

he scrambled to get out the kitchen, leaving her to make breakfast.

she had just gotten two done before another blonde walked into the kitchen, the blonde without the glasses that is.
her shoulders dropped and she let her posture fall.

she basically dragged her body to cooper before lazily wrapping her arms around his waist. he yawned but completed the hug.

"this is a nice good morning ." he mumbled as they rocked side to side.

jodi nuzzled her face into his chest and relaxed in his arms.
"you're the only i can stand to look at right now."

he shook against her as he laughed and pulled her in tighter.

"that's a first."

cooper let the hug go on for a little while longer until he made eye contact with the cooking pancake on the stove. he gently unwrapped his arms from around her and went over to the stove.
"what did they do?"

he flipped the pancake and jodi moved the bowl of batter to sit on the counter.

"i wanted to make everyone pancakes and i knew i had to make a lot but there's not any measurements on the box for 'a lot' so i just winged it but put a little too much water and then schlatt came in with carson and started bothering me but schlatt was already bothering me from earlier this morning and now my brain has been beaten to a pulp."

her head hit the cabinet behind her making cooper laugh.

"well thank you for the pancakes." she nodded at him. "do you want me to help you?"

jodi's eyes popped back open.

"you don't have to." she replied as she watched him put the cooked pancake onto a plate.

"i know." he shrugged and motioned for her to hand him the bowl of batter which she happily did.
he poured just enough into the scolding pan before giving it back to her.

"i could kiss you right now." jodi said dreamily, once again making cooper laugh.

"no ones stopping you."

jodi looked at him unamused before reached down and grabbing another frying pan.

"i'm not starting this shit with you right now."

"breakfast is ready." jodi trudged out of the kitchen and announced to the waiting boys about the food.
they all got up at once and said their thanks to her as they passed, schlatt patting the top of her head as his.

she plopped down on the now empty couch and blew out a puff of air. she had truly underestimated how many pancakes she was gonna have to make and the amount of times she picked up the heavy bowl of batter was apparent on her sore arms and back.

she could've just been weak or it was actually a lot of work.
cooper being there helped a bunch and she continued to appreciate his help that came so early on.

jodi sat contently on the couch, watching whatever animated show was on the television while the boy fixed their own plates in the kitchen. she had cracked almost every bone she had as she stretched in her seat, making noah cringe as he stepped out the kitchen.

after her stretch, she let her body go limp on the couch, smothering in the comfortability.

that was until a plate filled with the food she had just finished slaving over had appeared in front of her.
jodi looked up from this giving to see cooper handing her a plate and a mug, with his plate in the nook of his arm.

she happily took the dishes and cooper plopped down next to her.

jodi was just gonna wait out the boys in the kitchen and make her own plate with whatever was left once they were done but smiled whole heartedly at cooper, thankful he thought of her.

she laid her head on his shoulder.
"you're being so nice to me."

cooper took a slice of the syrup doused pancake and shoved it into his mouth.

"i spit in your drink."