☁️

the california sun shone brightly through the window right above the occupied bed, creating a comfortable warmth to the room.

jodis eyes opened before quickly closing again, not prepared for the harsh contrast. once she finally became accustomed to the light, she lifted her head to peek at the head laying on her chest.

a small smile appears on her face as she reaches her hand up and into the overgrown locks.
she patted for her phone in her sweatpants, careful not to wake cooper up.

she scrolled through the ignored notifications and the new ones she received while she was asleep.

after a few minutes of responding to her friends and finally some supporters, she placed her phone on the end table and lifted her arms into a stretch.

a groan emitted from jodi, resulting in cooper moving around. jodi let out a puff of air and returned her hand back to coopers hair.

he gave a content sigh and turned his head to look at jodi.

"hi." cooper said quietly, sleep heavy on his voice.

jodi let out a small snort and gave a particularly comforting rub to his scalp.
"hi."

she watched his eyes close as he leaned into her relaxing touch.
jodi ignored the sound of her phone vibrating against the table, too captivated by the boy in front of her.

after a moment a silence, cooper mumbled out
"i don't like when you avoid me."

that made the brown haired girl look away from him and more so past him and at his closed door.

"it wasn't even for a whole day." she added.

coopers eyebrows furrowed and a pout became apparent on his lips.
"still."

jodi ran her thumb over his wrinkled brow and smiled down at him.

"you're such a baby."

coopers eyes popped open and furrowed once again under her touch.

"fuck off."

jodi let out a giggle and cupped the side of his face.
"i'm kidding, i won't do it again."

cooper looked at her with soft eyes and grabbed her wrist, pulling her hand close and planting a kiss to the palm of her hand. jodi brought her bottom lip between her teeth to hold back the smile that threatened to show.

"okay." he accepted.

jodi let out a groan and dropped her head back.
"you're so annoying."

cooper rolled his face into her stomach, hiding a smile as well.

"what did i do?" he chuckled.

jodi let out a puff of air and shook her head, not knowing or wanting to explain her though process.

"just fuck off."

jodi dropped a square of butter into the scorching pan and reached into the plastic bag of bread. she heard the door push open and then next the fridge.

she cut a hole out of the bread and dropped it into the pan before cracking an egg into the open space.

"was he warm?"

jodi looked up at the microwave above her before looking behind her.
there sat carson with his head in his hands and an innocent smile plastered on his smug face.

jodi's eyes narrowed. "what are you talking about?"

if possible, his smile widened.

"coopy. was he comfortable?"