☁️

"why don't you just start streaming?"

the girl paused, never actually having an answer whenever she's asked this question. she stared up at the sky, trying to think of the words to say.

there was a good moment of her thinking before travis started giggling. she smiled and pushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

"i'm drawing such a blank."
travis nodded.

"i see."

"i have no reason to want to and no reason to not want to. i don't know, its like, not something for me i guess."

he tilted his head.
"did you have fun when you took over coopers stream yesterday? like at all?"

"no i had a lot of fun. it was just like playing with you guys off stream."

"so why no?"

"because that was me visiting on someone's platform like what i do with my brother even if its just me going in his room to fuck with him. that's what he built and put time into but i could never handle something like that. never."

"oh so what you're saying is you're weak."

she chuckled and threw her hands up.
"basically."

he laughed, not meaning to sound so insulting.

"no i get it though. it's a lot of work and commitment."

jodi looked down her dangling feet from the bench they were on, kicking them back and forth.

"like don't ever tell schlatt this but i think he is so cool to be fucking pulling this off so well. like i'm so proud of that kid sometimes because he's a dumbass but he's succeeding somehow. i hate him."

travis laughed at her deflective tactics but nodded.

"okay. if you say so."

"what the fuck? who are you texting that fast." noah walked into the living room and saw the focused girl tapping rapidly at her phone screen.

"she's playing piano tiles." schlatt said before taking a bite of the rice crispy treat in his hand.

"what? that game from like... middle school?" noah stopped in his tracks and looked at schlatt.

"yeah."
schlatt looked at noah and laughed at noah's confused face.
"what."

"who- who the fuck still plays that schlatt?"

he shrugged and took another bite.

"she plays it all the time while she listens to music."

noah threw his hands up.
"isn't the whole point to play the song with the piano keys you're hitting."

schlatt smirked.

"yeah."

"then why the fuck is she listening to music over it?!"

schlatt shrugged.

"she's stupid, why are you surprised?"

noah continued into the kitchen and schlatt focused on the show the tv was playing.

noah came out the kitchen with chef boyardee in a bowl and a sprite in the other. jodi was still tapping on her phone, quicker and louder.

"what the fuck? she's still going?" he put the hot bowl of ravioli on the coffee table and sat down in the one seater.

"yeah. she goes on to a point where she can't be distracted and then she just goes and goes and goes..." schlatt dragged out, hand going in circles as he spoke.

"that doesn't sound right."

"yeah no, somethings actually wrong with her." he nodded quickly.

"i think she's a lizard person dude."

"i'm not a fucking lizard person jackass."