☁️

"cooper, show your girlfriend to her room." carson slyly said as they walked through the door.
the blonde quickly flipped him off before walked down a hallway with jodi following.

he opened a door and looked behind him to see if she was still following. she was a few steps behind so he waited until she was a little closer to walk into the room.

"here's your room, travis's room is down here too but the rest of us are upstairs." he informed as the girl plopped down on the bed.

jodi shoved her face into the pillow and let out a deep exhale. she could finally relax.

"don't get too comfortable, you're coming with me to the supermarket."

she groaned and rolled her face to the side to look at him.
"do i not have a say so in this?"

cooper sat at the end of the bed with a smirk.

"of course you do. but i know you'll say yes."
"jerk." she mumbled, knowing he was right.

"c'mon." he stood up but turned around when he heard the girl grumbling.

jodi lifted her arms up, motioning for him to give her another hug, which he happily obliged.

cooper flopped next to her on the bed and wrapped his arms around her waist. he hoped she couldn't feel his racing heart.

"thanks for not dying." he spoke into her shoulder making her giggle.
"no problem."

"finally got to see your cuteass in person."

jodi's eyes widen, not expecting to hear that.
"schlatt's not here, no need say that yet."

"didn't know i needed schlatt here to speak my mind." cooper mumbled.

jodi nuzzled her face into his neck to stop herself from smiling any harder than she already was.
god, he really hoped she couldn't feel his heart.

"do you wanna smoke before we go?" he pulled away from her shoulder to look at her.

she giggled and rolled away from him before sitting up.
"i just got here."

"and? you look like you wanna relax a bit."

"who's driving?" jodi turned to the still laying boy.

"me."
"then no."

his eyebrows furrowed. "what does me driving have to do with you smoking?"

"because i'll be the only one high."

"jodi, you've been high around me before."
"yeah, on the phone."

cooper threw his hands up, confused.

"what difference does it make?"

"if you're gonna be sober, you'll be way more attentive to the stupid shit i do." she explained even though it still didn't make sense to him.

"i'm already attentive to the stupid shit you do."
"first of all, fuck you." cooper laughed at the offended girl.

"second of all, we're usually on the phone. you don't like, physically see me do the stupid shit." she finished.

"is this gonna be a reoccurring thing?"
it was her turn to be confused.
"what is?"

"you being too shy around me to do the shit that i've seen you do hundreds of times before just because we're in person?"

she turned from him and stared at the closet door in front of her.

"first of all, i'm not shy around you." jodi lifted a finger to count off the points she was about to make.

"oh yeah? then why am i talking to the back of your head right now." cooper pointed out, laughing when she flipped him off.

"you're a dickhead." she mumbled before standing up and leaving the room.

cooper was close behind her, laughing at the quick pace she was walking.

as they exited the hallway and into the living room, the others saw jodi storming away from cooper.

"uh oh, what'd you do?" schlatt asked.

cooper giggled.
"nothing, we're heading to the store so text me what you want."

"alright, don't do anything sketchy with my sister." schlatt warned.

"yeah? no promises." cooper quickly grabbed his keys from the bowl next to the front door and slammed the door shut before schlatt could retaliate.

he unlocked the car, hopping in the drivers seat. he looked up in the rear view mirror when he heard the door behind him open.

jodi closed the door and started to buckle the seatbelt.

cooper smiled at the pouting girl before turning to her.
"any reason you're sitting in the back?"

"mhm." she mumbled.
"mind telling me what it is?" he pushed, holding back a laugh when she looked up at him with a pissed expression.

"i don't like you right now."

"why not."

"you're being an ass."

"i'm sorry."

jodi squinted at him. "no you're not."

"i'm not?" cooper asked.
she shook her head.

"why am i not sorry?"

"you're literally smiling right now."

"so? i can't smile and be sorry?" his head tilted to the side, still keeping the smile on his lips.

"it's not sincere." she complained.

cooper scoffed and ran a hand through his hair.
"trust me, everything i say to you is sincere."

before she had time to truly understand what he meant, he spoke again.
"are you gonna come up here or are you staying back there?"

"will you give me the aux?"

cooper smiled to himself before answering. "yeah i'll give you the fucking aux."

he heard the car door open and close behind him and saw jodi jog to the other side of the car.

her picked up the auxiliary cord and held it to her as she sat in the passenger seat.

"thank you."