☁️

cooper waddled down the stairs, rubbing his tired eyes. upon removing his hands from his eyes he sees someone wrapped with a copious amount of blankets on the living room couch.

he squints his eyes, eventually making out jodis figure. he was gonna keep walking into the kitchen until he saw light refract off her her cheeks, realizing the tears.

"what the fuck, are you crying?" he asked stepping closer to her.

jodi sniffled and wiped at the tears on her cheek.

"no." her voice failing her as it trembled.

"what happened." cooper sat on the arm of the couch and rubbed her shoulder.

she sniffed again before answering.
"moana's grandma just died."

cooper raised a brow, confused but still concerned.

"who's moana?"

she pointed up at the flat screen television where it showcased the disney motion picture the brown haired girl was emotional over.

cooper hadn't even noticed the movie on the t.v. when he came downstairs.

his shoulders dropped and he walked away from the crying girl.
"i thought you were crying over something serious you dweeb." he continued into the kitchen.

"it is something serious you insensitive bastard." jodi insulted making the blond chuckle.

"imagine crying over pixels."

cooper poured the cereal into his bowl, adding milk to it.

"imagine not having a heart."

"i do have a heart, they're just not dedicated to pixels." he walked out the kitchen with his breakfast and went back to sit next to jodi again.

"so youre telling me you didn't cry once watching big hero 6?" she looked over to see him shake his head. her mouth dropped and she extended her leg to kick at him.

"get away from me."

"stop dumbass, you're gonna make me drop my cereal."

"fuck your cereal and your non existent heart."

schlatt walked down the stairs and into the kicking match that was happening on the couch.

"cooper, what'd you do." he asked, although he continued to bee line into the kitchen.

"why does it always have to be my doings?" cooper asked, still trying to dodge the kicks and keep his bowl from tipping over.

"because it always is." jodi grunted, answering his question.

once the blonde realized his bowl stood no match towards the rapid kicking, he put the bowl on the coffee table and grabbed at her flinging legs. he dropped his body weight on them, pushing them down flat to the cushions.

she screeched, not being strong enough to pull herself up with just her core.

"say uncle!" cooper demanded.

schlatt came back out of the kitchen with a rice crispy treat and back up the stairs and into his room without giving a glance towards the two.

"fuck you!" she shouted back making him push her legs harder into the couch.

"say uncle!" he repeated, reaching up to her waist tickle her mercilessly.

"aunt!"

"that's so stupid!"

the front door opened, revealing noah. he began to greet the two but was cut off by their screaming.

he looked around the corner and finally saw where the laughing and screaming was coming from. he watched for a few more seconds before speaking.

"well this is a nice thing to see first thing in the morning."

jodi's head snapped to where the new voice was coming from before squealing and balling her fist, landing them on coopers shoulder.

"ow what the fuck?"

he stood up on his knees and watched jodi flop off of the couch and onto the ground. she got up and ran towards noah, tripping over the remaining blankets she still had wrapped around her.

"noah!"

noah almost stumbled over from the force of the hug she gave him but returned it once he balanced again.

cooper shrugged and grabbed his bowl from the coffee table, hoping it wasn't too soggy.

"took you long enough to get here." jodi mumbled before unwrapping her arms from around him.

"yeah i know, i didn't know you guys were coming yesterday and i had already made plans to sleepover at my girlfriends place." he explained but she waved him off.

"it's fine, carson already told me."

"where's your brother?"

"in one of those rooms up there."

"thanks." he jogged up the stairs and jodi went back to original spot on the couch.

the two sat in silence as they watched the movie on the screen.

cooper put his empty bowl back on the coffee table and burped.

"this song fucking sucks."