☁️

the siblings finally got their bags from baggage claim and schlatt pulled out his phone to call carson.

jodi held her hand out to her brother, motioning him to give her the empty coffee cup that he was, for some reason, carrying around.

he gave it to her and she went to the nearest garbage can.

"yeah we landed. where'd you park?"
jodi walked back and heard him. she elbowed him in his side making him look down at her confused.

"be nice. you sound like a dick." she mumbled making him roll his eyes.
"it's carson."  he justified.

"what? turn around?" schlatt questioned out loud.

they both turned in opposite directions, jodi finding carson, who was holding up as sign, first.

she tapped schlatt and pointed in the direction of him.

"oh god, the idiot's holding up a sign." schlatt mumbled and hung up.

they walked towards him, jodi now making out cooper who was holding a camera.
schlatt squinted at the sign, trying to make out the words.

"gayschlatt and joe mama." he read. "i hate him."

once they were close enough, cooper made eye contact with jodi, bringing a bashful smile to her face.
she jogged a bit, closing the space between the two and wrapped her arms around him with carson quickly grabbing the camera from coopers hand.

"cooper!" she cheered and felt cooper's arms go under her bookbag to hug her tighter.

"you're finally here. holy shit." cooper whispered to himself.

"i'm gonna beat you with that stupid sign."
carson laughed and dodged schlatt's reaching hands.

"c'mere dude." schlatt gave carson a quick hug while cooper and jodi finished theirs.

the siblings swapped, jodi giving a hug to carson and schlatt vise versa with cooper.

"how was the flight?" carson asked as they began walking out the crowded airport and into the warm sunlight.

"we fell asleep like 30 minutes in." schlatt responded.

"where's travis?" jodi asked, remembering him saying he was gonna be with carson and cooper at the airport.

"he's in the car."

"you left the gremlin in the car by himself? rookie mistake."

cooper chuckled before shaking his head.
"he doesn't have his license, he can't go anywhere."

"you think that'll stop him?" jodi asked.

"it's fine, i already threatened to take away his switch if he touches anything." carson assured.

schlatt laughed.
"you treat him like he's your son."

"i've learned from many occasions that you have threaten to take something away or else he just completely dismisses you."

"travis is more like a child than a child is." cooper added.

they crossed the street and into the parking lot.

"i call shotgun." schlatt announced making cooper groan.
"fuck you dude."

"my legs are longer than yours munchkin." schlatt teased.

"yeah well i make up for my shortness in something else."

jodi gagged and walked faster trying to get out of hearing distance of their conversation.
"did not need to hear that."

the boys laughed.
"you don't even know where the car is!"carson shouted at her and she waved him off.

"i'll figure it out!"

"jodi!"

"travis!"

she let go of her suitcase and gave the cheerful boy a hug.

"what am i? chopped liver?" schlatt complained as travis walked right passed him and straight to jodi.

cooper took her abandoned suitcase and put it into the trunk of the car, taking schlatt's as well.

"i cant help that i'm the favorite sibling." jodi bragged once her and travis were done with their hug.

"said by no one." schlatt quickly added before giving travis a hug as well.

"get in the car! it's fucking hot!" carson shouted from the drivers seat.

"charming." jodi mumbled, sliding into the back.

"go in the middle, you're the smallest." travis told her.
she slid into the middle and put on her seatbelt.

once cooper opened the door to her right was when jodi realized the seating arrangement.

"there's too much testosterone in this damn car."

"there's too much estrogen in here, get out." carson replied.
"there's only one estrogen in here, what are you talking about?"

"yes travis, i have only one estrogen."

"i'm pretty sure cooper has more than you." schlatt added.
"what the fuck? i didn't even say anything."

"it's what you deserve."

cooper looked over at the girl next to him and smirked.

"you're so hot jodi."
while, yes, it was a defense mechanism against her brother, hearing and seeing him do it in person affected her 20 times more than it usually would.

she looked forward at the road, trying to hide her reddening cheeks.

"schlatt keep your seatbelt on." carson warned and threw his hand over the buckle so schlatt couldn't press it.

"i'm gonna kill him."

cooper smiled, content with pissing off schlatt and content in finally seeing jodi react to one of his blatant compliments.