💀🚧 Dead Tube (2014 - )

Author: Mikoto Yamaguchi

Artist: Touta Kitakawa

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Status: Ongoing

Chapters:

Synopsis:

Dead Tube is a website where users are rewarded with money based on the number of views they get. The users are encouraged to post videos of any content and genre (even those law-violating ones) with the sponsorship of the site, but there's a catch: whoever gets the least views has to pay for the expenses and their crimes.

Review:

***WARNING: sex, violence, nudity, gore, mind fckery, demoralizing sht***

The initial storyline was good, the concept can simply be summarized as: bringing-the-Dark-Web-stuff-to-the-surface thingy then add a mediocre guy who gets hard in filming inhumane stuff alongside his horny killing-machine. Their closeted perverted nature and "going along the flow of the admins BUT WITH BETTER CONTENT" was what made me hook up with this series. Sometimes, we need a bit of dark humor in life. I find mine in this. This series bring out the inner demons of people and make you question morality and stuff, and I really appreciate how the author was able to convey it well in this masterpiece.

HOWEVER!

I think the arc where they switched to a 3D MMORPG setting was unnecessary. LIKE THEY SHOULD'VE JUST ENDED IT WHEN THEY STARTED THE REVOLUTION. Sadly, the plot became like Death Note after L's death - in a sense where the plot started going downhill when the climax was followed by another rising action that kind of neutralized the hype from the last conflict.

For short, THIS IS A MUST-READ but then don't proceed to the second arc.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐