💀 Peephole (2013 - 2016)

Alternative Title: Ana Satsujin ( 穴殺人 )

Author: Larsson

Artist: Larsson

Genre: Ecchi, Romance, Seinen, Psychological

Status: Completed

Chapters: 135

Synopsis:

A guy who was about to commit suicide failed when his apparatus for suicide broke, creating a peephole that provides a view to his female neighbor's room. Upon peeking at her daily routine, he discovers that he's living next to a serial killer.

Review:

This is very messed-up. The guy was unfortunate to be on his lowest point in life and had no choice to cling on to another person to stay alive - especially when that other person turned out to be a psycho killer. Not only he decided to live just to be killed by her, he even developed Stockholm Syndrome. I wasn't satisfied with the ending. The child happened to inherit his crazy parents' genes and the cycle of the abusive relationship is likely to repeat.

***RANDOM THOUGHT: This sht's giving me the Netflix's YOU vibe***

Despite the crappy story line, it did a great job messing with my mind, ideologies, and thought process for a bit. I would give it an A for the portraying the element of 'tragedy' well. Kinda sucks because I was expecting some kind of character development though.

Rating: ⭐⭐