🌟 Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches (2012 - 2017)

Alternative Title: Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo ( 山田くんと7人の魔女 )

Author: Miki Yoshiwaka

Artist: Miki Yoshikawa

Genre: Drama, Ecchi, Harem, Mystery, Rom-com, Supernatural

Status: Completed

Chapters: 246

Synopsis:

After a freak accident, Yamada finds himself switching bodies with Shiraishi. He then discovers that this phenomenon entails the existence of seven witches that reside in school.

Review:

One of my manga starter-packs.

First of all, you're in for a roller coaster ride of thrill and emotion if you're reading this. Personally, I suggest you read the manga for more depth about the witches and a happier ShiraMada ending. Compared to the anime, which featured only one batch of witches, the manga had three (it even has an all-male batch).

Secondly, there are a lot of loveable characters in this story. In addition to the character developments and the awesome witch quirks. There are also a lot of couples to ship as the story progresses since they gradually add characters who are good substance for the plot.

Lastly, the plot itself. If you think that this manga used witches as a "front" for satisfying the author's love of ecchi scenes - that's where you're wrong. Panty shots, onsen skinny-dipping, and occasional kissing may be present but 70% of the story has more discover-witch-secret content and wholesome formation of bonds. Overall, it just shows a coming-of-age story in a supernatural setting.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Favorite character/s:

Yamada. Because of this dude, I figured out that the key to enjoying high school is to be a good-natured social butterfly who genuinely helps people out of good will and doesn't easily stress about the future and just savoring the present. He started as a delinquent and ended as a lowkey friendly, harem king.

 He started as a delinquent and ended as a lowkey friendly, harem king

Miyamura. Another dude who confirmed the "enjoy youth by being a social butterfly" theory except he's hotter and smarter than Yamada. He's also a bit of a crackhead and I like him because he doesn't really care much about status and appearances.

 He's also a bit of a crackhead and I like him because he doesn't really care much about status and appearances