Daily Butterfly (2012 - 2015)

Alternative Title: Hibi Chouchou ( 日々蝶々 )

Author: Suu Morishita

Artist: Suu Morishita

Genre: Romance

Status: Complete

Chapters: 83

Synopsis:

Suiren, a beautiful yet taciturn girl meets Kawasumi, a quiet boy who is unfazed by her beauty. After a series of events where Kawasumi ends up protecting Suiren out of good will, they slowly develop feelings for each other.

Review:

A cute and wholesome romance, I must say. It has the typical shoujo trope vibe but the art style is cute and refreshing imma give it a 4-star rating.

The story describes Suiren as a takane no hane or an 'unreachable flower.' Her beauty intimidates people and give off a vibe that she is not on speaking terms with commoners. Her taciturn personality became a downside to her social standing. Then comes Kawasumi who interacts with her indirectly in a protective classmate context. With Kawasumi's  simple acts of heroism, Suiren has shown a human side of her - her heart flutters upon contact with him.

Eventually, it was proved that she's more of a chouchou or butterfly, which means she has the freedom to prance around wherever she wants (or she is not as unreachable as they think, she also human too you know).

Long story short - humans are wired to interact with people along the journey called life, nobody's unapproachable.

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Favorite character/s:

Kawasumi. That nice guy you wish exists in your school. He may be a standard shoujo lead but his proposal in the last chapter left a deep impression in which he says 'go to college... get steady first... then marry.' That line made my heart flutter. It's a rare outlook in life nowadays.

 It's a rare outlook in life nowadays