chapter 1

Chapter 1 "Lost in the night"

Joy POV

I was walking in the middle of no  where at 10:00 at night my close were torn apart, my dress muddy and my hair all knotted up.

Your probably wondering what happened to me... Well long story short my daddy is a drug addict and my mother well she just doesn't care enough for me to stop.

I make my way to Beale street, and find my boy friends house. He was the only on who gets me. He made me feel happy when I was at my worst. I knock on the door and he pulled me in right away.

"I-it was horrible..." I sobbed into his chest he stroked my brown hair.

"Shhh."he whispered I looked up at him and he whipped my tears.

"Its gonna be okay now."he says to me. He takes my hand and leads me up the stairs to his room. We pass by a mirror and I looked horrible. My makeup was smeared all around.

"Tell me what happen."he said as we sit on his bed. He pulled me on to his lap.

"Well..my daddy came home and h-he was drunk again, I was doing my homework, and he made his way to me..."i broke off crying I took a deep breath and continued.

"He slapped me first, then he tried to... Rape me that's why my close are like this.... I was so scared I didn't know what to do, you were the first person j could think of."I cried me held me tightly and I smelt his colone.

"You're okay now, I'll never let anyone hurt you."he whispers I whip my own tears.

"I just didn't want to go...but I had to , I couldn't stay there anymore"I say to him. He cups my face.

"Joy, you don't have to worry about them anymore. There in the past, and what's important is me and you now."he tells me I nod and he gave me a kiss on the forehead

"Thank you..."I smiled small he kissed my brow tenderly

"How about you get some rest and we'll go out tomorrow. Just you and me."he smiled at me I smiled back.

I went and took a quick shower and dried my hair. I already had extra close here. Just in Case for situations like this.

I slipped in my night gown and tied my long brown hair up in a ponytail. I brushed my teeth and cuddeled up next to Jayson(my boyfriend).