Prologue

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do keep in mind that this book is not edited, so you may encounter wrong grammars and misspellings.

The book cover is made by runix707

• • • •

The sound of many footsteps can be heard in the (h/c) haired girl's hiding spot. She and her brother were chased for they have a large amount of power that can wake their 'machine'. All she could think about is to protect her brother, who was too young to be in this kind of experience.

"Aki, you have to be quiet no matter what happens ok?" The girl whispered to her brother. Aki gave a small nod as he looked up at his sister.

As minutes pass by, the sound of the footsteps slowly faded away. This gave the girl a chance to go out of her hiding spot and run away far from here. She quickly carried her brother on her back and then ran out of their hiding spot. Just as she ran out, she immediately tripped. But not because of her own clumsiness, there was a rope. It caused her ankle great pain.

"Well, looks like the mouse got caught in the trap." The man who was supposed to capture them, said mockingly.

The girl tried to get up but with her brother on her back adding to her weight, she could not. She just sat their hoping to find some solution.

'Maybe if I scream somebody would come..' She knew that there is no chance of someone going to help her but this was a desperate time.

"Help! Somebody!" She screamed as she cradled her brother. Her screams caused the man to get pissed.

Suddenly, a gun shot echoed through the forest.

But.

The girl didn't feel pain. There was blood but there was no pain. Her mind screamed but her body won't move and when she looked down, her brother wasn't breathing anymore. The whole world came crashing down on her as she tried to stop the bleeding even though there was no chance. Perhaps there was, if she continued to go up in the tower, she could bring him back.

Aki was shot straight to the head, he wasn't even given a chance to say goodbye to his sister. If there was a chance given, he would say "This isn't your fault nee-chan. Thank you for protecting me."

Having her brother dead in her arms pained her. She became a mess. Her mind became a mess. All she could feel was rage for the man who killed him. She screamed and screamed until her lungs gave out. The girl ran towards the man who shot her brother and then punched him with an overwhelming power. The man's head was decapitated. Large specks blood could be seen in her ragged clothes.

Just as she killed the man, a group of people appeared in the scene.

• • • • • • • •

"Oi Shibisu, do you even know where we're going?" Khun said as he sent a glare at Shibisu.

"Of course I know hehehe." The scout said as he smiled sheepishly. The forest they went into was large and there was no signal either. Their objective was to find the small cabin where they're gonna stay for a few days. This was supposed to be a vacation but 'someone' got them lost.

"Blue turtle! Can I have my banana chips." Rak said with a demanding tone.

"Khun, can I ha---" Shibisu was cut off by a sound of a scream. It sounded like a girl, the screaming continued for seconds but was cut off by the sound of a gun shot. This has caused Khun and his friends become alert and followed where the sounds came from.

Suddenly, there was screaming again, this time it sounded as if in rage or pain. When they arrived at the scene, they saw a girl, standing at a large pool of blood and in front of her was a man with a decapitated head. At her back was a little child that looks like at the age of five or six.

"Bloody Turtle! Are you alright?" Rak said as he held his spear tightly.

"You won't take us back." The (h/c) haired girl said, not even looking at them. She turned to pick up her little brother.

"W-we're not here to take you back. We're here to help." Bam said as he walked slowly to the girl holding her brother, but when he walked, he was stopped by Khun. 'I don't think it's good to approach her.'

"Help? You're here to help us?" The girl whispered lowly. She stopped speaking for a moment and then stared at the ground as if she was digging holes in it. "My brother.. can still be saved right? This was just some bleeding... right?" This time she turned to face them. Everything was still a blur due to her crying.

Bam couldn't look at the girl's brother. He felt as if he needed to protect her. Give her a chance to start a new life, where she can live happily. Khun, however pitied the girl.

"L-listen, he.. um.." Shibisu tried to tell the girl the truth but Khun beat him to it.

"He can't be saved any more." Khun's words made the girl sob and tremble more. She tried to stand up but failed because of her injured ankle, so she just sat there, dazed and unmoving. The four men stepped closer to the sobbing girl to help her up. Rak slowly took the little boy's body from her to carry it.

"Turtle.. We'll help you bury him." Rak said with a said with a sympathetic look in his eyes. The girl didn't respond. She only looked at the ground where her brother's blood is at.

"It'll be raining soon." Shibisu said while looking up at the sky.

Bam helped the girl stand up while Khun grabbed an extra jacket in his light house. "You should wear this of you don't want to get cold." Khun said as he held the jacket in front of the ragged girl.

After a few minutes of silence, the girl finally stood up and walked. The four men followed and didn't bother to question the limping girl. Bam ran after the girl to help her walk because he's a good cinnamon boy. Soon after, the girl stopped walking and then said, "Here.."

"We should bury him here.." She said while looking at the sun set. The place she chose had a magnificent view. This was Aki's dream, to see a view as beautiful as this. He had always loved nature, he would often talk to his sister about escaping and then watching the sun set. The girl now looked at the ground which was now her brother's grave. She then, turned to the men that helped her.

"Thank you.."

• • • •

Just to clarify (Name)'s age. She's atleast at the same age as Bam.