25

Alice

I groan when I feel something hurting my side. I'm slowly roused from my sleep and I snuggle into the warmth around me. So warm and soft.

My eyes slowly open when something pulls harshly at my shirt.

I go to sit up but am pushed back down against something. That something was Nick's hard chest.

"Nick..." I mumble moving around in his strong arms trying to get comfortable again.

My eyes widen when I realize what's happening.

I look at our position and I'm on top of Nick and he's on his back on the couch.

Logan! Oh my god, where's Logan!

I gasp and my eyes scan the room quickly. A sigh of relief leaves me when I see him fast asleep on the love seat.

I hear a painful groan leave Nick's mouth. I look at him.

His arms are wrapped tightly around me. One hand is gripping my tank top causing his fist to turn ghostly white. His other arm is wrapped so tightly around me I'm surprised I can still breathe.

My hand moves to his that is clutching my shirt and I slowly rub it trying to soothe his frustration. I wonder what he's dreaming about? I hope nothing scary.

Must be my sleep delusion because out of nowhere I lean down and kiss his knuckles. I pull away quickly with wide eyes. Why the hell did I do that?

But I'm happy to see his fist loosen up.

I go to fall back asleep but his head whips to the side and I can see he's starting to sweat.

"No!" He yells out moving his arm up and his shirt rises up with his movement. I feel myself freeze when I see purple bruises littered all across his abs. Who's done this to him. It clearly wasn't a one time accident!

A sob leaves my lips and my fingers move to the worst ones as if I could fix it.

"Stop!" He screams loudly this time it makes me jump pulling my hands away from his bruises. I hear movement from Logan's side of the room.

This reminds me of the time Nick came into my room and claimed he had nightmares too.

"Nick?!" I say sitting up straighter. I don't know what to do when someone has a night terror!

"Nick please wake up!" I plead and bring my hands to his jaw stroking it lightly. The stubble on his jaw scratches me. His body relaxes for a second.

"Alice, what's happening?" The small voice of Logan calls out from the couch.

I turn and look at him. "I'm not sure but everything is okay Logan." I try to say forcing a confident look in his direction.

I feel Nick's body shift and he sits up fast.

I face him again and see the worry in those once cold eyes of his looking around the room in a panic. But something he's said before sticks with me.

I get those a lot and would've wanted someone to comfort me back then. I thought you would too.

I pull him to me and his arms are quick to wrap themselves around my back and slide me closer to him. His head tucks itself into my neck and he seems to be breathing me in deeply.

"You're okay Nick... A nightmare that's all. You're okay." I rub his back like he rubbed mine that one time.

My hands move from his back to his hair running my fingers through it a few times before going back down to scratch his back like my grandma used to do to get me back to sleep.