32

Alice

"Ed come back to bed." A woman whines from across the hall.

I shove my head in Nick's chest trying to rid my mind of the image but it's burned into my brain!

Mr. Micknealing just stands there wide-eyed and mouth agape. "A-Alice what are you-"

"Get out," Nick growls loudly and his arms are quick to wrap around my shaking form.

All I hear is the door slam and feel Nick caressing my hair. "How do you know him?" Nick asks angrily and my lip wobbles.

"He's my therapist," I say and an involuntary sob leaves my lips. I hear a groan come from Nick and we both know how awkward things are going to be. "Also why is he here?" I ask Nick with my wide eyes meeting his.

I see his jaw clench. "My mother tends to... sleep around. If you weren't new, you'd know that my mom is the towns whore. My fathers the drunk and I'm their screw up child." Nick says and looks away from me clearly embarrassed.

"Nick you're not screwed up. What just happened freaked me out but I still see you the same way." I say seriously.

I see a small smile twitch on his tempting lips so I lean in and take them. Taking us both by surprise.

He mumbles against my lips as my eyes are shut tight. "You're perfect."

He grabs the back of my head and angles us in a deeper kiss.

He bites my lower lip and a giggle leaves me. He pulls away and I can feel his breath on my lips coming out in pants. "I'm sorry if you want things to go faster for us." He says.

I cup his cheeks and run my fingers over his stubble. "No rush."

~~

I spent my mornings before school avoiding Jessie and Brodie. Brodie did everything in his power to make me feel unwelcome. And he has been doing so since I came here. But I was very lucky to have Nick by my side. Tracy, Gen, and Nelson.

Nick would pick me up in the morning and drive me to school. He was furious when I told him Brodie made me walk. And since winter was getting closer and closer, Nick was more eager to drive me and keep me warm. And by warm I mean lots and lots of hugs and kisses from him.

He's amazing. But what bothers me is... well he doesn't see it in himself.

Nick and I walked into the school hand in hand. Adjusting my scarf from the snow that planted itself on me.

As I was fixing my scarf I felt Nick's hand go from mine to my waist. Tightly too. Whenever he held my waist he was either wanting a kiss or nervous.

I look up and see he's not looking at me he's looking at everyone around us.

I look up as we pass lockers and see everyone taking what they think is 'subtle' glances. Girls look pissed and guys look mad too because their girl's attention is on us.

"It's okay Nick," I reassure and wrap my arm around his back.

As we approach my locker like usual Gen and Tracy are waiting for me.

When I'm close enough their eyes widen when they see Nick and I.

"Surprise," I say just as Nelson approaches and gives Gen a kiss on the cheek.

"Surprise indeed," Gen says quite shocked.

All Tracy does is shrug her shoulders. "Eh, I saw it coming from miles away."

I open my locker and Nick still doesn't leave my side but he puts on his usual tough exterior.

"Nelson, how's the machine going?" He asks.