27

Alice

I sit up and rub my head. She's gone! I groan as my head throbs and pull my hand away to see some blood on it.

I'm too drunk right now to feel the pain yet but I know I will tomorrow.

My breathing gets heavier and tears prick my eyes. Why am I sad?

I stand up on my shaking feet and glance up the stairs. If I wake up Jessie she will kick me out for drinking her wine. Especially underage. And Mr. Micknealing said no mistakes this time around. And Brodie would rather die than help me.

But I have no one.

An idea comes to my head and I leave the house and get on Brodies bike.

~~

I'm starting to feel slightly sober now as I knock on the door to Kathy's house.

After a few seconds, I realize the time and start to panic. She's going to hate me! She's going to call the police on me!

When the door is opened and I see Kathy standing there in a robe looking annoyed. I smile weakly and try to keep the slurring from my voice.

"Where Nick live," I ask quickly. The words sound weird to my ears.

She frowns then points to the house next door and I'm glad I won't have to ride the bike any further.

"Thank you," I say and step off the porch but she stops me.

"Alice? Are you okay dear?" She says and I turn and see the same hard face she had on before. Only this time her words are nice.

"Okay I am thank you." I managed to get out.

She nods unsurely but closes her front door regardless. I hear the click of a lock and I smile and step off the last step. I make my way down the road with my chin held high and accidentally fall into a bush on the way.

My eyes narrow in the darkness and I can make out through my blurry eyes a very run down-home. Nick really lives here?

I walk up the gravel path and step over old tires and wood planks. It's messy too but that's not my problem. Maybe his father works in a woodshop?

I stumble all over the place and eventually make it to the front door.

I knock twice and start to sway.

It's quiet for a few minutes but I still stand there.

I hear some noise from inside the house but I don't move just yet. My eyes start to close when I feel sleepy but I make sure to keep them open for Nick.

Suddenly the front door swings open and a breeze hits my cheeks. I hear a sharp intake of air come from the person and my eyes peak open. My heartbeat quickens when I see Nick. Shirtless Nick.

Drunk Alice likes Nick with no shirt.

I giggle a reach for his abs. My fingers run over the hardened indent and I see him shiver. I go to touch them again but his large hands grab my own firmly.