37

Alice

I wake up and can barely breathe. Nick was plastered against my poor back and practically pushing me down to hell.

"Nick." I try to say but my face is pushed into the floor.

"Mmmm Alice." He says against my ear and I shiver even though every inch of his hot body pushed against mine is making me sweat.

"Get off me, you big oaf!" I say elbowing him in the side. He groans and rolls off me finally waking up.

"Did I hurt you?" He asks once his eyes open.

"No just broke all my bones," I mumble sitting up and rubbing my head.

I feel his arms swiftly go around my waist and I grip his forearms as he pulls me between his legs and against his body.

His arms hold me loosely and his head goes to my neck and he leaves a kiss there.

"You've been really touchy lately," I say to Nick looking around the room and thankfully everyone was asleep still. The sunrise was just creeping through the curtains. Which meant the ground was either covered in frost or snow.

"I can't help it when you're always around me. You're the one who won't leave me alone." Nick says running his nose up and down the skin of my neck.

"Not true," I say standing up.

I brush myself off and put on my shoes quietly. "Nick I need to go," I say running my fingers through my knotted hair.

"Why? I'll drive you." He insists and I nod. I'd have to walk if he didn't since I already got a ride to the diner from Tracy.

"Are you sure? You don't have to drive me-" I start but he stops me.

"Alice get your coat on." He says his face void of any emotion. I challenge him with my eyes before putting on my coat.

Nick leads me downstairs and into the garage.

"You park in the garage?" I ask surprised.

He nods. "I even have a room here. Nelson's mom lets me stay here sometimes. I think she has a feeling something goes on. I mean she's always been the one to throw birthday parties for me growing up. She cared." A soft smile rests on his face and I watch him silently.

"Ready?" He then says looking and me and I just blink at him.

"Alice..?" He drawls out pulling at my coat sleeve.

I shake my head and go to the passenger side of his car. Closing the door he pulls out of the driveway. I curl into a ball and close my eyes still feeling exhausted.

~~

"Alice." I hear a deep and husky voice call out. I feel a warmth on my cheek and snuggle closer to it.

"Wake up beautiful, you're home." I feel a kiss on my forehead and my eyes flutter open.

He's smiling sadly at me and I sit up. "Why do you look so sad?" I asked placing my hand over his that's still on my cheek.

He licks his lips and my eyes look to them. "I liked spending the last 12 hours with you, Alice. I really like you. You make me feel... better." He shrugs.

"Don't shrug that's sweet Nick," I whisper and turn my head to kiss his palm. "I like being with you too."

His face breaks out into a huge grin and he tackles my mouth with his catching me off guard.

"Nick!" I laugh wrapping my arms around his neck as he kisses my cheeks, jaw, and forehead.

"I need to go in but I'll see you on Monday," I say holding his face in my hands and he pouts.