42

Alice

"Nick where are you taking me." I laugh as the midnight breeze makes my skin colder than ever.

"Just relax Alice. I'm showing you something because I'm proud of you." He mumbles and I roll my eyes even though his glove clad hand is covering them.

"Proud? Why." I ask as he guides me to the unknown.

"Because you admitted things about your past today and from personal experience I know how hard that was for you." He says truly and I awe out loud.

"Don't do that. Tracy gave me the idea... sorta." He groans.

"But that's so sweet," I say honestly and feel tears in my eyes. I'm very emotional during my period.

"Don't cry." He says sadly.

"I'm not." I lie.

"I can feel your tears on my glove."

I laugh at what he said my mood switching fast. Suddenly we stop moving and my back that was plastered against his front as he guided me, feels cold when he steps away.

"I know you don't like public places because of your anxiety." He mumbles.

He pulls his hand off my face and my mouth
drops.

"Nick this is beautiful," I whisper in true awe.

I smile and look over all the lily petals, My favorite flower. A fuzzy blanket is laying on the grass with a thin layer of snow bedded on the sides from how the weather has been lately. Being outside with him next to me lit my heart aflame. It was perfect. Running to the blanket, I sit down smoothing out the edges that have been tossed around from the wind of November.

"Come here, Nick!" I smile holding my arms out for him. I watch happily as he makes his way over and into my open arms.

Laying down my back hurts but the blanket helps a lot. I feel his presence next to me as he lies down. His strong arms readjust and are wrapped around my waist and pull me close. The freezing air of November is suddenly much warmer in his arms. The wind blows relentlessly in my hair falls over my eyes many times. Nick always brushes it away. I love him.

"Nick you are amazing," I comment as I trace my gloved finger on the zipper of his coat.

Looking up into the dark sky full of stars I know what this means to me. How I want the rest of my life to be. With him and only him.

This night was perfect. At first, it was just going to be us at Nick's house. But the next thing I knew, his dad started yelling. I still remember Nick's panicked look he gave me. He was quick to think of a way to leave. Ultimately showing me his surprise earlier than usual.

"So Tracy helped you huh?" I ask raising an eyebrow at him.

"She did but it was my idea so I'll take the credit know that I know you like it." He says winking at me. I let out a laugh and he kisses my cold nose.

"Very funny," I say using my turn to kiss him on the jaw.

It's quiet for a few seconds. Snow slowly falling around us but I'm yet to feel cold. The squeaking metal of swings could be heard in the distance in the hum of a winter night. There were no clouds in this empty sky making the view of stars all the better.

"But really though I wanted to do something nice for you...My beautiful Alice." He adds on with a wide smile and he grabs my hand and pulls close to lay on his heart.

"I'm proud of you." He tells me again

"Thanks again, Nick," I mumble with a beaming smile that will never leave my lips.