31

Alice

I bang on Nick's door unable to stop the tears in my eyes.

"Nick!" I yell knocking louder on his front door.

In a few seconds, the door is pulled open and a rough-looking old man with stains on his shirt glares at me.

"Who the fuck are you? Some whore Nicholas ordered?" The smelly man asks then burps.

I'm taken aback by his tone and rudeness but I brush it off. Besides I was the one banging on the door. But the whore part hurt. Unnecessary too.

"Is Nick here?" I ask timidly.

The man shrugs. "Don't think so. How about you come in. You have a nice body. Do people compliment a small girl like you often?" He says innocently. He's a fowl man.

I feel sick to my stomach. "I'll wait out here for him to return," I say denying his offer. I hope he got that message loud and clear, even though I said it so softly.

He glares before slamming the door in my face and I jump at the noise.

I let out a deep breath and sit down on the steps. I blow a piece of hair away from my eyes and think over what I plan to say to him.

I was mad because I knew Nick knew about Brodie's drug problems but I'd never think Brodie would hide them in my room and put me in a position like that with Jessie. But he did and frankly I should've seen it coming.

And Nick knew about Brodie's problems and that he was going to destroy the the robotics machine way back when. I bet Nick knew about this one too.

"Alice?" I hear the familiar voice of Nick come from the edge of his porch. My head that was resting in my palms lifts up and I'm met with his cold blue eyes that seemed to warm up by looking over at me. He's wearing what looks to be some work uniform and his hands are dirty like they've been hard at work all afternoon. No wonder his hands are so rough and calloused. Those are working hands.

"Are you okay? Why are you here?" He asks all at once and I jump off the porch and run to him.

"Nick. Jessie found drugs in my room and threatened to kick me out. But they're not mine! Did you know about this?" I ask and feel my lip wobble as tears threaten my eyes again.

"What..? Of course I didn't know about it. What would make you think that." He asks offended.

"I-I mean you knew about the drugs before." I stammer.

He sighs and opens his arms and a feeling of happiness washes over me knowing he's still here for me.

I frown and walk into his open arms. He holds me in his warmth and I finally let a tear slip. I can't get kicked out of Jessie's. My own father already kicked me out and I was lucky to have Jess. But if I don't have her I have no one. Brodie even bothers me and I pay it no mind so I can stay. And like he said, no one likes a tattletale.

"Don't cry. Please." Nick says brokenly and I look up into his eyes.

"I can't help it," I say and he starts to wipe my tears away with his thumb.

"I know." He says with dejection in his tone. "Let's go upstairs." He whispers in my hair and I nod.

He leads me to his house and upstairs with no one in sight. I sit on his familiar bed and he pulls his work shirt off with no shame. My cheeks heat as my eyes roam over his muscled body. He seems so comfortable with me. But I frown when I see those bruises again. Standing up I walk over to him.

"They're healing aren't they?" I ask and trace my fingers on his abs and he freezes. When he doesn't move I pull my hand away knowing he doesn't like to be touched. Well, that's what Nelson said anyway. But what shocks me is that he grasps my wrist tightly and pulls my hand back there.

I gasp and meet his eyes and see a tint of redness to his cheeks and he smirks. "Feels nice." He admits with a shrug and I laugh. After a few seconds, he motions for me to sit on his bed and he looks through his drawers for a clean shirt and I watch with shy eyes as his back tenses with each movement hotly.

"You didn't speak to my father did you?" He asks suddenly and I can hear the stress in his voice. I stand up and to look out his window.

"I did. He's... a nice man." I lie because it's Nick's father.

"Don't lie Alice." He says turning around and I see a wave of anger in his eyes.

"What do you want me to say?" I mumble as he pulls his shirt overhead but he hears my statement.

He stalks up to me with a gleam of hatred in his eye. "My fathers a horrible person. And if you talked to him he surely said awful things did he not?" He says so calmly it makes a cold sweat break out on my skin.

"Well... yes he did but-" I stumble over my words as he steps closer to me.

"What did he say to you." He demands and I see his jaw clench.

I look down embarrassed. "He called me a whore."

His fist clenches at his side and I quickly grab his hand. Luckily the taught muscles soothe themselves under my fingertips.

Nick's breathing picks up and I know he's angry at his father again. "Alice. I swear to god I'm going to kill him." Woah there Nicholas.

"Ok don't do that. come here." I say holding his hand firmly and pulling him to his bed. I lightly push him back on it and he sits on the edge.

He still looks tense and I move to sit behind him. I open my legs and pull his back against my chest. I start to massage his tense shoulders. Geez, does he ever relax?

"What are you doing?" Nick says warily but melts into my touch regardless.

"Helping you relax." I hum and start massaging his neck.

He leans his head back against my shoulder and closes his eyes. I feel good knowing I can help him in some way.

"Can I say something?" I ask softly.

"I would never stop you." He tells me as if it was obvious but it does something to my heart.

"Are... are we...d-" as soon as I begin to mumble the world he goes rigid against me. He sits up quickly.

"Hah.. aha." He laughs nervously.

"Sorry Nick I know it's so soon- I didn't want to be that kind of girl to ask so quickly! I was just wondering what you thought, I didn't ask your opinion yesterday when you... kissed me... instead I just assumed you wanted to go slow." I mumble ashamed.

"It's not your fault. I want y- ugh I need- I'm just- I never do this Alice! I don't know what I'm doing. I was hoping one kiss and you'd be out of my system but you're just always around. You're driving me crazy." He says his voice slowly growing louder. He turns around in my loose arms and faces me with bright eyes for once.

"I like you, Alice. A lot... I guess." He says frustrated. I wrap my arms around his neck with a wide smile on my lips.

"That's enough for me. So kissing friends for now?" I ask and he smirks.

"Kissing huh Alice?" He says with a deep voice and my cheeks heat.

"I didn't mean it that way..." I look away from him and feel his soft warm lips connect to my forehead.

I slowly peek at him from under my eyelashes and he's looking at me seriously.

His hands grip my hips tightly and with my legs still open for him he pulls me flush against his body.

He wraps his arms around me smiles. I see two dimples appear and it makes my heart thud against my chest.

His lips suddenly connect to mine and heat rises in my stomach.

I wrap my arms around him and he pushes my back down on the mattress. Our kiss turns heated and I pull away when I feel his hardness against my burning center.

His head goes to my neck and I gasp when he leaves kisses there.

Suddenly his bedroom door flies open and I sit up so quickly I hit my head against Nick's hard chest.

But what was more surprising.

"Mr. Micknealing!" I scream covering my eyes when I see my therapist and case manager only in his boxers.