28

Alice

My eyes glue themselves to his bulging bicep and I train my eyes on the tattoo there. It was of a bird. But the bird was only bones. Very cool.

My eyes then trail down to his rough-looking calloused hand. He stares at my breast and I gasp when he places his hand on my heart.

"Why are you scared to tell me I can feel your heartbeat." He says innocently but his hand firmly against my chest does things to me. I'm sure I'll do something stupid so I quickly pull his handoff.

"Tracy kissed me. And I was too scared to stay home alone with Brodie." I blurt out.

His eyebrows furrow and he looks at me seriously. "Tracy kissed you?" He says and I hear a wave of anger in his voice.

"It was an accident. We were drunk." I say but his eyes are colder than ever.

"And you're scared of Brodie." He growls out.

Why is he so mad all of a sudden? He's friends with Brodie.

"I mean how I could I not. Honestly Nevermind I shouldn't be saying these things when he's your friend I didn't mean-"

Nick let out a loud growl suddenly and the sound catches me off guard. His muscles tense under my small hands that rest against his back. "Did I hurt you?" I ask hoping I wasn't putting too much pressure on his still healing bruises.

"No."

"Then what's wrong?"

"Brodie is what's wrong!" He snaps suddenly pulls away from me to run a hand through his hair.

"Why?" I ask stupidly and his eyes snap to mine with anger.

"Why? Why! Because you're scared! No one should scare you! Especially, Brodie, he's been an ass." He says and I feel my heart swell with his protection.

"Don't worry about it," I said pulling his head back down to the pillow.

"How could I not. I shouldn't let my friend act that way especially to someone-" he says but stops himself.

"Someone who I... look it doesn't matter I'll deal with him later." The way Nick said him made me nervous. Look Brodie's been mean but he's my family.

"But Nick why-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Go to sleep."

I pout but it's his room. "Fine."

~~

My eyes slowly open and I feel a pain in my skull. My move my head around slowly and my eyes shoot open when I feel I large warm hand on my head. The mystery hand brushes the hair away from my eyes as I slowly open them. I meet the cold blue eyes of Nick.

"Look who is awake. Sleep any of that alcohol off?" Nick says smugly.

I'm too distracted by his hair disheveled hotly. I want to run my hands through it.

"Not one bit." I groan and my hand goes to my forehead.

I feel his arm go around my waist and he pulls me to him. This new-found affection steers me off a little bit. I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. I want more of Nick and I'll take what he's willing to give.