436. Teaching Your Child To Swim.

Pregnancy/Baby/Child Series

Liam: "No, just move your arms like I told you," Liam tried to tell your daughter, as she kicked her legs like crazy, trying to swim in the foot of water you were currently sitting in. She was just going nowhere. "Baby, listen to Daddy," you tried to tell her, but she didn't want to listen. She was stubborn about this, and wanted to prove she could do it her way. "I swimming," she said happily, when she was really just splashing in the water over and over again. Liam laughed, as he shook his head, "That's not how you swim. You are splashing me and Mum though." She looked at him angrily, and crossed her little arms, "I am swimming!" Before Liam could say anything else, to try and explain to her how to really swim, you spoke up, and smiled at your little girl, "That's amazing. Why don't you try to swim the way Daddy said also, then you'll know how to swim two ways." She thought over that for a moment, and then nodded, "Okay, I'll try."

Harry: "I can't do it," your son shook his head, before you almost let go of him so he could try to swim on his own. Harry, from a short distance away, replied to him, "You can, just let your mum let you go, and then swim to me. You can do it." "I can't!" your little boy repeated, as he clung to you tightly. He had shown both of you already that he could swim, he was really good at it, but he was so scared to swim across the pool over to Harry. "What if I was right behind you?" you asked, while Harry swam a little closer, so the distance between you was even shorter than before. "Promise?" your son asked, knowing he would be okay if you were right there. If he panicked, you could grab him. "Of course," you nodded your head. He was still scared, but he wanted to swim as well, so with a deep breath, your son finally let you go, and making sure you were behind him more than once, he swam over to Harry. "See, we knew you could do it!" "I did!"

Niall: "One at a time please!" Niall said, as both of your twins ran to jump into the water hoping he would catch them. "Me first!" They both screamed, and you knew to quickly get into the water before they did, so you could grab your son, when they of course jumped at the exact same time. Niall let out a sigh of relief, when he saw you holding him, and he knew he had your daughter tightly in his own arms. "Okay, now teach me to swim!" She said excitedly, "Please." You smiled at your son, when he asked you the same question, "You both have to listen though." "We will!" You and Niall made your way over to the shallow end, before letting both of the twins down, "Okay, so listen to what we say." "We will," they repeated, as they excitedly sat on the stairs of the pool. Neither you nor Niall had any idea where to start, but this seemed like it would be a memory you would enjoy having forever. You just hoped by the time you left the pool you had at least one child who could swim.

Louis: "Daddy look!" your daughter screamed, after you finished teaching her how to swim under the water. She was so excited about that, and could not wait for Louis to see. He had been on the phone, busy with calls about an upcoming tour, when you'd taught her all of this, but he was finally done now. "What did I miss?" he asked, as he got back into the water. "I can swim under water now! Watch!" Your daughter exclaimed, and instantly dove under the water, and did exactly as you told her minutes ago, and swam over to Louis. "You did it!" Louis was smiling so brightly at her, as she came back up for air, and looked at him for his reaction. "Mum taught me how! I can swim like you now!" Louis loved how excited she was over this, and you loved the smile that was covering both of their faces over this small little thing. "Swim back over to me, show us again how you know how to swim now," you told her, and she quickly did just that, so happy over her accomplishment.

Zayn: "You don't need to learn to swim, it's not important," Zayn told your son, after he begged you to bring him down to the pool at the hotel you were currently staying in, to teach him how to swim. "But I want to," he begged, grabbing Zayn's hand, and trying to pull him out the door. You knew why Zayn was against this. He hated the water. "Baby, I'm sorry," you sighed, as you scooped up your little boy into your arms, though he was still holding onto Zayn's hand tightly, "But your Dad is not going to teach you to swim." "But..." his little face seemed to crumble instantly, as he realized you and Zayn were not about to bring him down to the pool. "I want to swim. Please." Zayn shook his head at you, knowing he would never be able to teach him, when he could not swim himself. You could though, and after finally getting your son to let go of Zayn's hand, you smiled at him softly, "Well we both won't, but what about if just you and I went down to the pool? I can teach you, and then you'll know something even Daddy doesn't." Your son loved that thought, and his face lit up, "Yes!"
_______________________

Feedback? It is important. And please sorry but not doing questions.

Please check out my other stories too? It would mean a lot to me.