Ch. 7

*Austin's POV*
*one month later*

I stood by the OM&M tent and signed autographs. Today, unfortunately, our tent was right across from Stay Sick. I watched Elena interact with her customers. She was flirty with every single guy. She pushed her chest out and giggles, twirling her hair.

"Stop. You're making yourself miserable." Tino said.

I didn't look away from her. "She hasn't even attempted to talk to me since I gave her her bra back."

Tino put his hand on my back. "Let it go, dude. Nothing's gonna change."

Elena held a shirt up to show some young girls. They said something and she smiled, giving them each a shirt and taking their money.

"I'm gonna go talk to her." I said, stepping around the table.

Tino grabbed my shirt. "No way."

I pulled away. "I just wanna see what's gonna happen."

I walked over to her tent and she looked up at her. Her face turned bright red and she wouldn't look at me. "Chris isn't here." She said, folding some shirts.

"I'm not here for him." I said. I went inside the tent. "I wanted to talk to you."

She wiped her hands on the front of her jeans. "I'm just really busy."

I motioned to the table. "Nobody is here."

She looked at me and then looked towards the fence. "I'm expecting somebody."

"Who? Another guy you're gonna have sex with and then leave?" I asked, crossing my arms.

She gave me a dirty look. "No, actually. Not that it's any of your business but I'm waiting for my best friend."

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just hope you don't screw her over like you did me." I started to walk away.

Elena threw a shirt at me. "Don't be a dick."

I turned and looked at her. "I'm being a dick? Because you hurt me?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

She scoffed. "Oh yeah. I'm sure you're so hurt. I've heard all the stories about you, Austin. I know all about how you are."

I chuckled. "Stories. That's all they are. I've had my moments in my past when I was a jerk. Not anymore. Don't act like you know me."

Elena looked angry. But I didn't care. I looked past her and seen a girl about her size with shoulder length brown hair walking towards us. I motioned to her. "Your friend is here. Sorry I ever even talked to you." I walked away.

---

*Elena's POV*

"Elena!" Someone said behind me.

I turned and seen my best friend, Nicole. I smiled and hugged her. "Hey!"

She motioned to Austin who was walking away. "Is that Austin Carlile?"

"Yeah."

She smiled. "You slept with him didn't you?"

I rolled my eyes and sat on the table. "Yes."

She sat down on the metal folding chair. "Why did he look so mad?"

"Well, I kinda had sex with him and then didn't talk to him for a month." I said, not looking at her.

She smacked my leg. "Why! You told me you really liked him before you guys went on your date."

I shrugged. "I did. I still do."

"Then what's the problem?"

"Im just afraid of getting hurt." I said.

Nicole rolled her eyes. "So hurt him?"

"I have to protect myself." I said.