Ch. 10

*Elena's POV*

I checked my reflection in the window in front of the hotel. I wore light blue ripped up jeans, a gray oversized sweater and my black vans.

I sighed and went inside. I knew Austin was gonna be here. I knew that if I seen him I'd breakdown.

I walked through the hotel until I found the room Nicole told me to go to. I pulled the key from my back pocket and stepped in. It was quiet.

"Hello?" I called, walking into the living room area.

Austin and Fronz sat on the couch. Nicole stood by the fireplace. She smiled at me and I glared at her.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Austin turned and looked at me, then took a drink of his beer. "This party is a bust."

Nicole ran over to me. "Isn't this a beautiful room?"

Fronz stood up and went and stood by the door, smiling. "Nicole and I have talked to you both individually. You both like eachother but you're both too stubborn."

Nicole went to Fronz's side. "Now you'll be forced to talk. Fronz and I will guard the door until you two talk things out." She gave me a look that said "behave."

I groaned and walked towards the door. "This is so fucking stupid. He doesn't wanna talk to me."

Austin scoffed.

Fronz pushed me away from the door. "Talk to him. Or your secret is out."

I looked at Nicole. "You told him?"

She shrugged. "Talk."

Then they walked out. I tried opening the door but they pulled it closed.

I kicked the door and walked back to where Austin was sitting. I stood in front of the fireplace and crossed my arms, watching the flames.

It was silent of what felt like years. After awhile Austin cleared his throat. "Do you want a beer?"

I shook my head. "No. Thank you." I glanced at him, he played with his watch.

After another few silent minutes he stood up and went to the mini fridge. He came back and handed me an orange juice.

I took it and tried opening it, but struggled. Austin gently took it from my hands. "Let me help you." He opened it and handed it back to me. I looked up at him and our eyes caught. His were filled with compassion and sincerity.

I blushed and looked away. He sighed and sat back down. "You know they're never gonna let us out if we don't talk."

I looked back at the flames. "What's there to talk about. It was just a fling."

"Is that all it was to you?"

I frowned and looked at him. "That's all it was to you. Zane heard you say it."

He frowned and shook his head. "I never said that."

I set my drink on the mantel. "Why would he lie?"

He sat back on the couch. "Why would I?"

I looked at him. "He said you only talked to me because of the things you heard about me."

He shook his head. "Not true. I talked to you because you are beautiful. And once we started talking something clicked. I liked you. You were cool and I liked your attitude. I mean, I know we slept together on the first date, but that wasn't a fling to me."

I chewed on my lip and looked away from him, my eyes falling on the door. I knew Nicole was pressed against it, trying to hear everything.

Austin sat forward. "Listen Elena. I like you. You hurt me a lot but I still like you. I did hear shitty stories about you, but I didn't believe them. You hear stories about me and you automatically thought they were true. That hurt me."

I shook my head. "I didn't think they were true. It was just my way of pushing you away."

"I'm sorry about the way our first date went. I truly am. It shouldn't have happened that way. But we can't take it back, so we have to move on. We hung out a lot before that night, and we got along great. Don't throw that away." He said, looking at me.

I sat down at the couch across from him. "What are you suggesting?"

He shrugged. "Let's start over. From scratch. I would love to be apart of your life."

I felt tears sting my eyes. "Austin, I have to tell you something."

He shook his head. "Don't. If it's something bad, don't tell me." He smiled. "Only good things from now on. Let's be friends."

A tear ran down my cheek and I wiped it away. "Austin. I'm pregnant."

His smile faded and he frowned. "Pardon me?"

I nodded. "I'm pregnant. I wasn't sure but I took a test a few hours ago and it's positive."

Austin's gaze left my face. Then he stood up and started pacing. "Shit." He whispered to himself. "Fuck." He said a little louder.

I wiped my eyes. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have told you."

He turned and looked at me. His face softened and a sympathetic look came over him. He came over to me and kneeled in front of me. "No, I'm glad you told me. I've always wanted kids."

"Not like this." I said, my voice cracking. "Not with some random girl." Another tear rolled down my cheek. "This is just gonna reflect so badly on you." I shook my head. "I'm sorry."

He frowned and held my hands. "Listen. I don't give a fuck how this looks. Everything is gonna be okay."

I nodded and wiped my face. "Okay."

He left go of my hands and looked down at the floor, thinking. "This is gonna sound like such an asshole question, but, um.." His face turned red and he stood up.

"What?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Should I make you my girlfriend?"

I shook my head. "No." I looked at the fire. "I don't want you to be with me just because I'm carrying your child." I groaned and covered my face. "I can't believe this is happening."

"It'll be okay." He said, his voice shaking a little.

I stood up and ran my fingers through my hair. "Could we keep this under wraps for awhile?"

He nodded and looked at me, standing up. "Yeah, of course."

"Thanks."

He nodded again. "Could I hug you?"

I looked at him and wish this could all be different. He took a step towards me and I nodded. He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me. I felt so safe in his arms. My arms wrapped around his waist and I nuzzled my face in his chest. His cologne was rich. I never wanted to let go. I wanted to be in his arms forever.