Ch. 28

*Elena's POV*
*home*

Now that I was home I was so happy to be with Danielle, but miserable because Austin wouldn't be home for another week.

Danielle and I sat in my room. She played with some plastic food on the floor and I sat on my bed, scrolling through Instagram. Austin had posted a photo of us that we had taken at the hotel. We laid in bed, my bed on his chest and my hands covering my face. I smiled. I remembered taking photo. I was giggling and thought I looked ugly when I laughed so I told him not to take my picture. He kept telling me that I was beautiful.

The caption said, "My favorite girl"

I looked up at Danielle and she looked up at me. Her big brown eye were filled with such amazement and curiosity. I held my arms out. "Come here, Dani."
She wobbled over to me and I picked her up, hugging her. "Danielle, I know you don't understand what I'm saying, but please, always remember that you're beautiful and you were brought to me and Daddy for a reason."

My phone rang and I picked it up. Austin wanted to FaceTime. I answered and smiled when I seen his gorgeous face.

He smiled and waved. "Hi, Dani!"

Her eyes lit up and she waved. "Da da!"

Austin and I chuckled. His eyes never left Danielle. "Blow me a kiss, Dani."

She made a kissing sound and then blew. I smiled. Austin laughed and blew her a kiss. Then he focused on me. "I miss you, El."

I set Danielle down and looked at him. "I miss you too, baby. I hate falling asleep without you here."

He pouted. "I know, baby. I feel the same. I brought the biggest pillow we have but it's not the same as falling asleep on your boobs." He smiled.

I smiled and shook my head. "You're a weirdo."

He took a drink of his monster. "But you love me."

"I do love you." I said. I looked down when I felt Dani against my leg. She handed me a plastic apple and then went back to her toys. "We miss you, baby."

"I miss you guys too, believe me." He said, sighing. "I feel like I'm missing out on Dani's whole life."

I shrugged. "It's only two months."

"Yeah but I missed her first steps. Her first word. A lot happened in two months and I wasn't there to see it." He said.

I looked at her. She had grown a lot since he'd been gone. And she was walking now.

"Baby?" He said. I looked at him. "I love you, but I gotta go."

I sighed. "Okay. Have fun tonight, baby. I love you."

He blew me a kiss and hung up. I dropped my phone on the nightstand and dropped back onto the bed, groaning.