Ch. 13

*Austin's POV*

Elena and I stepped in front of a small art studio downtown. She pulled a key out and unlocked the door. We walked in and I looked around.

"You live here?" I asked.

"I live upstairs." She said, walking to the back of the shop.

I followed her, looking at the art on the walls and canvases. "Did you do all this?"

She unlocked another door that led to a little room. "No. This is my brothers studio."

I frowned. "Brother? I didn't know you had a brother."

She looked at me and motioned for me to follow her into the little room. "I have two."

"I thought you had a sister that died?" I asked.

"I do. But I also have two brother." She said.

We stepped into the room. It was tiny and dark. I looked around. It was unorganized and a foul smell filled the air.

Elena pushed aside a heavy red curtain and I saw a wooden staircase. "He lets me rent out the loft."

We went upstairs and I looked around. The whole room was open. Dark wood floors, light wood walls. A huge King size bed was on the other side of the room. Clothes and boxes and books were everywhere. A small living room area was to my left. An even smaller kitchen area to my right. A small dining room table was in the middle of the room. There was tapestries on every wall and Sun and mood decorations everywhere.

Elena threw her bags on the couch. "Make yourself at home."

I set my bags down. "How long have you lived here?"

She went over to the bed and sat down. "Like a year." She frowned and rubbed her belly.

I went over to her and sat down next to her. "You okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah." She looked up at me. "Thank you for staying with me."

I held her hand. "Don't thank me."

She looked down at our hands and then pulled away. "I'm sorry I've been so sad and annoying lately."

I smiled. "You're perfect." I stood up. "Now let's get some food into you. You're eating for two now."

---

*later that night*

"Do you have extra blankets?" I asked.

She pointed to a wooden wardrobe. "In there."

I grabbed some blankets and went over to the couch, laying them out. I turned and looked at Elena. She had her back to me and pulled her jeans off, then pulled on a pair of sweatpants. Her body glowed and I just found her so beautiful.

She turned and looked at me, frowning. "What are you doing?"

I came out of my trance. "What?"

She motioned to the couch. "What are you doing?"

I looked at the couch and then at her. "I'm sleeping on the couch."

"You sleep up here if you want. Im not gonna make you sleep on the couch." She said, patting the bed.

I shrugged. "Are you sure?"

She climbed onto the bed and pulled the covers down. "Yeah. That couch is horrible to sleep on."

I nodded and walked over to the bed, laying down. I looked at Elena. "If this makes you uncomfortable I can sleep on the couch."

She shook her head. "I'm having your baby, I think I can stand to sleep in the same bed as you." She smiled and patted my arm. "Relax." She laid down. "Could you turn that lamp off?" She motioned to the lamp on the nightstand next to my side of the bed. I clicked the lamp off and tried to relax.

After a few minutes Elena rolled over. "Austin?"

"Hmm?" I mumbled.

"This is gonna sound stupid, but um.." She hesitated.

"It's not gonna be stupid." I said.

"Could you hold me?" She whispered.

I reached for her. "Come here."

She scooted towards me, her face nuzzled into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."