Ch.23

*Elena's POV*

15 hours later I held my beautiful daughter in my arms. Her skin was pink and soft. Her little lips looked like tiny flower petals. She looked up at Austin with big brown eyes, just like his. He smiled down at her. I had never seen him so happy.

"She's beautiful." He whispered, stroking her cheek with his thumb. "I can't believe we made this. Look at her, El. She's perfect."

I smiled and looked at her. "I didn't think it was possible to love someone that you just met so much."

He looked at me, cupped my chin and made me look at him. "I do." Then he kissed me.

Our baby cooed in my arms and stretched her tiny legs. She looked at me and I smiled bigger.

"Hi, baby girl." I said softly. "I'm so happy you're here." I kissed her forehead.

"We have to name her, baby." Austin said.

I nodded. "I had a name in mind."

"Yeah?" He said, pulling her blanket away from her face.

"Yeah." I smiled as she wrapped her hand around my finger. "Danielle. Danielle Rose Carlile."

He smiled. "I love that. It fits her." He kissed her tiny fist. "What do you think, honey? Do you like that name?"

She blew a spit bubble and cooed. Austin and I laughed and Austin picked her up, cradling her in his arms. She looked so tiny and precious in his big strong, tattooed arms. Her skin pale against his tan skin. I felt something inside me. All my fear disappeared. I no longer feared for her. I knew that she would be safe and loved as long as Austin was a part of our lives. I had loved Austin before, but this was a new kind of love. Something stronger and deeper.

"I love you, Austin." I said.

He didn't hear me. He was looking at Danielle, smiling. He looked up at me and smiled bigger. "Let's have another one."

We laughed together and heard a knock on the door. Austin's dad stepped in and smiled at me. "Hi, sweetie. How are you feeling?"

I smiled and watched him walk in, come over to me and hug me. "I'm feeling okay." I smiled bigger when he spotted Danielle in Austin's arms.

"Is that my grand daughter?" He said, smiling.

Austin smiled and nodded. "Wanna hold her?"

He nodded and went over to Austin. He held Danielle and I watched them for a minute. They talked and after a few minutes I drifted off to sleep.