Ch. 19

*Austin's POV*
*later that night*

Elena stood at the kitchen counter at my house cutting up red peppers. She sang along to the Janis Joplin song that played on the radio, her smile never leaving her face. I sliced up chicken and smiled at her.

"So what is this dinner called?" Elena asked.

I shrugged. "I never gave it a name. It's just something I came up with."

She threw the peppers in the pan with the other veggies and mushrooms. "I never cooked. My mom always tried to teach me but I never got into it."

I put the chicken in the pan, the sizzle making my mouth water. "I've always loved cooking. I can teach you a few things." I smiled at her.

She smiled and stirred the veggies. "I make some kick ass ramen noodles."

I chuckled. "Yeah, I bet you make some good cereal too."

She smiled bigger. "Yeah! How'd you know?" She looked up at me. "You're actually pretty amazing."

I smiled. "Why do you say that?"

She shrugged. "You're just not the typical band guy." She put her hand on her belly. "Especially with this pregnancy. Most guys would have ran. You stuck around and I appreciate that."

I put my hand on her belly. "We got into this together. We'll do this all together." I looked at her, her eyes looked into mine. "Even if it wasn't for this baby I would still be right by your side. I like you, Elena. I wasn't gonna give up."

She placed her hands over mine. "I like you too, Austin. I always have. I was just afraid."

I stepped closer to her. "You never have to be afraid. I don't even just like you, Elena. I love you. Im completely in love with you." Her hands held mine. "And I'm sorry if that freaks you out because we're not even together but I love you."

She looked at me for a minute. Our eyes searching each other's. Then she let go of my hands and wrapped her arms around my neck. I pulled her close to me and kissed her. She kissed back. Our kiss so full of passion and force and love, I thought time would stop. It was amazing. Her lips fit perfectly with mine. Sparks flew and it felt like we kissed for years.

She pulled away and looked at me. "I love you too."

I smiled and kissed her again.