Ch. 8

*later that night*
*Elena's POV*

Nicole and I sat in the back lounge. The guys were sweet enough to let her come with us for the rest of the tour.

I stared out of the window, watching the world fly by as we drove to our next city. I couldn't stop thinking about Austin. I was so confused. What did he think of me? Of our night together? Was I just another girl? A groupie? I sighed and looked away from the window. I felt myself getting sick.

"Whatcha thinkin about?" Nicole asked.

I looked at her. "Austin." I turned my body towards her. "I need some best friend honesty right now."

She smiled. "You know I live to point out the stupid things you've done. I've known you since we were 10 years old. I know all the stupid things you've done."

"Did I make a mistake with Austin?" I asked.

She chewed her lip. She did that when she was thinking hard. Then she frowned and shook her head. "Ya know, I don't really have an answer for that." She sat up and leaned forward. "It was a drunken night."

I sighed. "You should've seen the dump he took me to. It was run down. It's totally the kind of place you take someone you don't care about."

She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "You're so dramatic, Elena. You were both wasted. Neither of you knew what you were doing." She shrugged. "You've slept with a lot of guys in the past year since you and Jimmy broke up. Why do you care so much about this one?"

I looked away from her and groaned. "I don't know, Nicole. There's just something about him. I didn't really notice it until our date. Before we got drunk." I smiled. "He has this sparkle in his eye. Something just draws me to him."

Nicole nodded. "Like a moth to a flame."

I looked at her. "Yeah." I frowned. "And after I woke up that next morning I was so ashamed. I didn't want him to see that weakness in me." I looked down. "He just thinks of me as some groupie. Im just another girl to cross of his list."

Nicole came over to me and put her arm around me. "I'm sorry, babe. If that's how he really is then you don't need him."

"He's a rockstar. I'm a merch girl. I don't know why I thought he'd ever have any real interest in me." I said, tears coming to my eyes.

Nicole hugged me and rubbed my back. "There's plenty more rockstars here that you need to bang." She chuckled and I smiled and shook my head.

"You're twisted, Nicole." I said.

She smiled and nodded. "Duh."

"I'm just ignore him till Warped is over." I said, looking back out the window.

Nicole got up and sat on the other side of the lounge. "How are you gonna do that?"

"A lot of running away from my problems." I said.

She pulled a bottle of Jack out of her bag. I looked at her. "And lots of alcohol." She smiled and handed me the bottle. I took it and took a long drink, looking back out the window.

"Lots of forgetting." I said to myself, taking another drink and then immediately throwing it up.

I wiped my mouth and frowned. "What the hell?"

Nicole took the bottle from me. "Motion sickness. Don't watch the road."