Ch. 14

*Austin's POV*
*next morning*

I woke up to smell of bacon and eggs cooking. I opened my eyes and looked around. I could see Elena standing at the stove, her long black hair in a braid and reaching her lower back.

I got up and walked over to her. She smiled at me. It was beautiful. It was that same happy, confident smile so had seen the first day I met her.

"I made you breakfast." She said, handing me a plate.

I smiled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She said. She turned the stove off and grabbed a water bottle.

"No coffee?" I asked.

She shook her head. "It's bad for the baby."

I smiled. "We need to make a doctors appointment."

She took a drink. "I did. 1:30."

--
*doctor appointment*

Elena's doctor sat down on the stool next to the table. "Lie back and lift your shirt."

I looked at Elena. She looked worried. "Um, first, I have a question." She mumbled.

He smiled and nodded. "I have an answer."

She looked at the floor and then cleared her throat. "What is the deadline for an abortion?"

The doctor frowned. "Abortion?"

I made Elena look at me. "Is that what you wanna do?"

"I don't know yet." She said. Her eyes were full of confusion and fear.

Her doctor cleared his throat. "The latest we would like for anyone to terminate would be about 16-18 weeks."

Elena nodded. "Okay." She sat back and pulled her shirt up.

The doctor put the goo on the belly and pressed the wand into her. He looked at the screen and smiled, pointing to a little circle. "This is your baby's heart."

I smiled. "That's amazing."

"It's so little." Elena said, a small smile playing at her lips.

The doctor pressed a button and a thumping sound filled the room.

I looked at Elena. Her eyes lit up and she smiled. "Is that a heartbeat?"

He smiled. "Yes, ma'am."

She looked at me and held my hand. "Austin that's our baby's little tiny heart." She looked back at the screen, that beautiful smile never leaving her face. "That's our baby." She looked at her doctor. "There's no way I'm terminating this pregnancy."

I smiled. "You changed your mind quick."

She looked at the screen, reaching out and touching the little circle. "How could I not? It's real now. I'm gonna be a mother."

The doctor wiped her belly off and stood up. "I'll give you two a minute."

Elena sat up and put her hands on her belly. "I'm having a baby." She said, smiling.