Four

Accident

NARRATOR'S POV~

Perrie is now holding onto the railings for dear life.

Once she let go, she's going to submerge in the deepest, widest and coldest ocean which is known as Atlantic Ocean. It is the second largest of the world's oceans. It's not just the water that feel so cold, but also the air in the surroundings.

Perrie is just a seventeen year old girl. And everyone that surrounds her are making her feel trapped and controlling her. But she couldn't do anything, she reckoned that she is weak. She had no strength and courage to fight. It's like, she is in a jail. While running through the deck of the ship, there's someone who heard and seen her. One woman that is peacefully lying on one of the benches. She's just staring at the sky and at the stars. And when she heard some running footsteps, she immediately stood up and followed that due to her confusion.

Perrie was about to let go, when a sweet and angelic voice of a woman tries to persuade her. Hoping she could change her mind.

"Don't do it," The woman said while slowly approaching the railings where Perrie's about to jump from.

She looked at the woman and says "Stay back, don't come any closer," Perrie said, looking back at the ocean.

"Come on, just give me your hand. I'll pull you back over," the woman replied, offering her hand.

"No! Stay where you are. I mean it, I'll let go," Perrie said, keeping her words.

The woman threw something in the ocean, then she walked closer to the railings.

"No you won't," the woman said.

"What do you mean no I won't? don't presume to tell me what I will and will not do, you don't know me!" Perrie replied, clearly annoyed by the woman.

"Well, you would've done it already," The woman said, making Perrie more annoyed.

"You're distracting me! Go away!" Perrie said getting mad now.

"I can't, I'm involved now. You'll let go, then I'm gonna jump in there after you," The woman said while removing her coat.

"Don't be absurd, you'll be killed," Perrie replied, getting bothered by the woman's words.

"I'm a good swimmer," the woman said, starting to remove her boots.

"The fall alone would kill you," Perrie said slightly worried.

"It would hurt. I'm not saying it wouldn't. To be honest, I'm a lot more concerned about that water being so cold," The woman stated matter-of-factly.

Perrie took a glance in the ocean, and back to the woman. "How cold?" She asked.

"Freezing...maybe a couple degrees over. I remember when I was a kid, me and my father, we went ice fishing in the Lake Wissota. Ice fishing is you know where you-" the woman was cut off by Perrie getting little annoyed.

"-I know what ice fishing is, argh," Perrie groaned.

"Sorry, you seemed like....you know, kind of indoor girl...anyway, I uh..fell through some thin ice. And I'm tellin' you...water that cold, like right down there, it hits you like a thousand knives, stabbing all over your body. You can't breathe, you can't think, least not about anything but the pain. Which is why I'm not looking forward to jump in there right after you. Like I said, I don't have a choice. I guess I'm kind of hoping you'll comeback over the rail and get me up the hook here," The woman stated, trying to change Perrie's mind.

"You're crazy," Perrie replied, little astonished by the woman's overall statement.

"That's what everybody says but....with all due respect miss, I'm not the one hanging off on the back of the ship here. Come on, give me your hand. You don't wanna do this," The woman said, offering her hand to Perrie.