Thirty Four

Promise

NARRATOR'S POV~

They're still on the same position, Perrie on the top of the floating wooden door, while Jade is in front of her, on the water. Jade insisted to stay on the water. The wooden door can't carry both of their weights, so she let Perrie to stay on top of it.

Both of them are feeling cold, not just cold, but they are freezing. The water is freezing. And Jade staying on water makes it more dangerous, but instead of thinking negative, she remains positive during this situation. She's already struggling to breathe, but she will not give up.

"Jade...I'm getting impatient," Perrie stated while shaking uncontrollably.

"L-let's just w-wait...it's g-getting..near...just hold on a little bit longer," Jade stated, struggling to breathe.

"I-it's...so cold," Perrie stated, stuttering. Both of them are struggling. But Jade's situation and position is worse than Perrie's.

If the floating wooden door can support both of their weights, then Jade will stay on top with Perrie. But now, Jade's survival and hope is getting a little bit impossible now. She might freeze to death. Perrie didn't realize that, but she's holding onto Jade's promise. That they will survive together.

There's still no boats coming, and they kept on waiting. The deafeaning screams that are scattered everywhere, starting to disappear. It's now pitch dark. The R.M.S Titanic sunken few minutes ago. 2:20 am of 15th April 1912. A thousand and half were on the water. Seven hundred people in the lifeboats. In total of two thousand and two hundred.

Jade kept on assuring Perrie that the boat will come back for them for a few minutes more. Perrie kept on saying that's she's feeling cold, but in fact, Jade's feeling colder than her. She's in the water for goodness sake.

Perrie was remembering her bad dream again. It's the same place, and same situation that happened in her dream. The defeaning screams that are scattered everywhere, people begging for the lifeboats to come back for them, some are whistling, some are kept on swimming, some are drowning, and some are freezing. Jade and herself kept on waiting for the rescue to come.

Meanwhile, Perrie's mother Deborah, is thinking about Perrie. She doesn't have any idea if Perrie survived, if she's on the boat, or if she's in danger. She did nothing, but to cry. Hoping to see her daughter when they finally board the R.M.S Carpathia.

Perrie and Zayn's wedding will be postponed, obviously because no one knows if either Perrie or Zayn are going to survive. But if Perrie does, she promised herself that she will not find her mother, and she will get off with Jade. That's her plan, and of course her wish. Wish that is a little impossible now. It's sad to say, but that's the reality. She never stopped on praying and wishing that both Jade and herself will be rescued by the boat.

The boat isn't coming yet. They stayed in their positions, both of them are shivering and shaking uncontrollably. It feels like they're living in a freezer.

Perrie woke up in a very bad dream. Two days left before they go aboard the R.M.S Titanic.

Perrie went to the dresser in her room and stared at herself in the mirror. Tears are falling down in her cheeks, down to her neck. She takes a deep breath, and assured herself.

"It's just a dream Perrie, calm down," She told herself, wiping her tears. The door bursts open all of a sudden.

"Perrie, are you alright?" Deborah asked, noticing tear stains on Perrie's face.