Twenty Seven

Hopeless

NARRATOR'S POV~

Still, no one knows what really just happened. That's why in this room, Captain, Mr. Ismay, Mr. Andrews and the other crew members entered. Then Mr. Andrews started to explain what might happen to The Unsinkable Ship.

"Water, 14 feet above the keel in ten minutes...In the forepeak, in all three holds and in the boiler room sir," Mr. Andrews stated.

"That's right, sir," The crew agreed.

"When can we get underway? Damn it," Mr. Ismay stated, annoyed.

"That's five compartments. She can stay afloat with the first four compartments breached but not five," Mr. Andrews stated, looking at the captain. "Not five," He added.

"As she goes down by the head, the water will spill over the tops of bulkheads at E deck from one to the next...back and back. There's no stopping it," Mr. Andrews stated.

"The pumps....if we opened the doors—"

"The pumps by you time, but minutes only. From this moment, no matter what we do...Titanic will founder," Mr. Andrews said, cutting the captain off. Mr. Ismay widened his eyes in shock.

"But this ship can't sink," Mr. Ismay stated.

"She's made of iron, sir. I assure you, she can...and she will. It is a mathematical certainty," Mr. Andrews stated, looking at the blueprint.

"How much time?" The captain asked. Mr. Andrews looked at him.

"An hour. Two at most," Mr. Andrews answered.

"And how many aboard, Mr. Murdoch?" The captain asked.

"2,200 souls aboard sir," Mr. Murdoch replied.

"Well, I believe you may get your headlines, Mr. Ismay," The captain stated.

Silence is in the air. No matter what they do, no one can stop the sinking. Jade and Perrie were right. That the lives of two thousand and two hundred people are now in danger.

Mr. Andrews is the shipbuilder and doesn't have any idea what to do. He almost rummaged the whole ship. He can see all the passengers, asking here, asking there about the reason behind the announcement of wearing lifevests. And for sure if they found out, it will rain fear and anxiety.

PERRIE'S POV~

Now, Zayn and I were the only people left here in the sitting room. He was leaning on the door frame, and I was half-sitting on the table.

I felt so devastated right now. My joviality earlier became the opposite. I am now full of nervousness and loneliness. Especially because of what my mother said. The confrontation turned into judgement. And that's what I hated the most. Judgment. Especially towards Jade. I really wanted to hurt her so bad, but I couldn't. She's my mother and nothing will change the fact that she's the one who gave birth to me, that's why as long as I can endure, I will. Just for the sake of myself being her one and only child.

The tears are still falling. I'm not like this before. I do not cry that easily because of my mothet. When she left, my tears just started to fall. It's so heart-wrenching that my own mother, treated me like I'm a slave. I'm already thinking about what's happening right now, her words became a hindrance. And now, I'm still not sure if Jade is alright. I want to go and search for her but this man just came. I'm sure he woukd make me feel that I'm weak. I'm not sure if I'll be able to fight for myself this time because of what I'm feeling. I hope they're going to leave me alone.