Five

Saved

JADE'S POV~

The darkness already surrounds the sky. But I don't want to sleep yet, so that's why I'm still here, standby in the edge of the deck where Perrie was earlier. But of course not on the other side. I don't wanna do that. So right now, I'm staring at the ocean. I can hear the water splashing while our ship is moving. Cold breeze hitting my face, it's bloody cold. I'm just staring off-space when I heard some voices. They seemed near yet so far. But then I overheard them and familiarized their voices. It's Jesy and Leigh-Anne.

"Jes look! There she is! We found her finally," Leigh-Anne stated, but I didn't take a glance on their way. I am just pretending that I cannot hear them.

"Jade Amelia Thirlwall. You're just here, we've been looking for you for almost an hour already. Aren't you going to sleep yet?" Jesy stated, while walking towards me. Now she's holding my waist, turning me around.

"I don't want to sleep yet," I replied simply.

"By the way, have you seen the the first-class passengers earlier? We saw them and I think they went here," Leigh-Anne stated, obviously referring to Perrie and her fiancé.

"Oh yes. They went here. That's why I'm here also," I said, and Jesy makes a weird face. I can feel she's going to tease me.

"Ooh, that's why you're here also? Hmm...what do you mean, Jade?" Jesy stated, winking at me playfully. My gosh. I knew it.

"Wait..because earlier I saw-" I got cut off by Jesy's scream. What the hell!

"Oh my gosh....perhaps...you are having a crush on the man, hmm?" What the heck Jesy?! Gosh.

"What?! Do you really think that? Oh my gosh Jesy!" I stated, laughing but slightly annoyed.

"Well, maybe she's right?" Leigh-Anne asked, laughing with Jesy. I wanna smack you both so hard. My goodness.

"Hell to the fucking no!" I stated and laughed. Then I continued "You both knew that I am not into boys right? Gosh I am not even freaking straight! So insane," I said while scratching my head and we all laughed together.

"If not towards the man....hmm," Jesy said smirking at me. Stop it Jesy!

"Aha! What about the girl huh?" She asked, teasing me. Here we go...

"Okay, listen to me first. Just please," I stated hoping to convince them to listen.

"Oh my gosh. Are you going to confess now?" Leigh-Anne said while clapping her hands happily. Really Leigh-Anne?

"Argh, just listen to me, alright?" I replied sternly, they both nodded their heads, making me continue. Thank God.

"Okay. So earlier, I'm just peacefully laid on the bench. Like, I'm just staring at the sky, admiring the stars. But I suddenly heard running footsteps and I immediately stood up. I saw that girl running to the back of the ship. So I didn't hesitate to follow. That's why I went here," I stated, matter-of-factly.

"Then I got surprised when I saw her holding onto the railings, like, when she let go, surely she will fall onto the ocean. I thought why did she reckoned to do that? I think she's having some problems. That's why I tried to persuade her. She forced me to stop and kept on pushing me away until she finally changed her mind. She held my hand and I pulled her back aboard," I added, shock evident in their faces.

"So....you saved her?" Leigh-Anne asked, still shocked.

I nodded. "Well I can say yeah. But I'm thanking the heavens that she changed her mind and got back up here," I stated while smiling.