Twenty Eight

Help

NARRATOR'S POV~

Jade was arrested. The master-at-arms locked the handcuffs on the pipe. Jade had got nothing to do, there's no way she can escape.

"Sir, they need you up in the second-class purser's office. There's a big mob up there," The crew called.

"Go on, I'll keep an eye on her" Lovejoy offered. The master-at-arms made sure that the handcuffs was completely locked for Jade not to be able to escape.

"Aye, right," The master-at-arms stated as he left. Jade and Lovejoy are the only people in the room.

Meanwhile, the captain was completely worried in this happening. He ordered some crew to get help from the other ship. As he walk to the deck, the man that is incharge in calling, informed him.

"Sir! Carpathia says they're making 17 knots. Full steam for them, sir," The man stated.

"She's the only one responding?" Captain asked.

"The only one close, sir. She says they can be here in four hours," The man replied.

"Four hours?" Captain repeated, shocked and nervousness rised in his system.

"Thank you, Bride," Captain thanked the man, and the man went back to his place.

Four hours. The only one ship that is close will be here in four hours. And the Titanic are going to sink in an hour. An hour or two. The rescue will not be here quickly. Everyone is in danger.

"My god." Captain whispered softly.

The crews started to prepare the lifeboats. They're planning to take the women and children first, but they still need the permission of the captain.

"Sir! We are swung out and ready, sir. Hadn't we better get women and children into the boat, sir?" The crewmen asked.

"Yes, we do." Captain answered.

"Sir?" The crewman asked, confirming.

"Women and children first, yes," Captain replied.

"Yes, sir," The crewman obeyed, starting to gather all women and children to get into the boat.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Your attention please! Step this way, please," The crewman yelled, gathering the attention of the passengers. The passengers followed right away.

"That's right. Come towards me. Thank you, Good," As the silence hang in the air, the crewman ordered. "For the time being, I shall require only women and children." He stated as they started to fill the boats.

Almost half of the ship was covered with water as the minutes passed by. Jade checked the window of the ship, and half of it was filled with water. Nervousness started to eat her system as she takes a look on Lovejoy, who's sitting and playing with something. Lovejoy stared back at her and smiled.

"You know, I do believe this ship may sink," Lovejoy stated as he filled his gun with bullet. He stands and Jade just stared at her, she didn't dare to speak. Lovejoy started to approach her.

"I have been asked to give you this small token of appreciation," Lovejoy stated as she points the gun on Jade's head to tense Jade up. She just stared at him. Until Lovejoy punches Jade's stomach hardly, as Jade bend down and closed her eyes tightly in pain. She breathes heavily and in every breath she takes, she can feel the impact of his punch.

"Compliments of Mr. Zayn Malik," Lovejoy stated.

Jade had no idea if Perrie was already in a boat or not. She remembered what Perrie said earlier. That when this ship docks, they're getting off together.