Prologue

Devonté Calhoun

I sat at the table playing cards with a couple of old niggas. They don't wanna see me. We had blunts constantly in rotation every time I pass one on, I get another one.

"C'mon bring that ass to Papa!" I said, aggressively throwing my card down as the dumbass next to me threw down his card.

"Nigga! Yo ass been cheating since we sat the fuck down." Chavo whined.

I laughed. "That's cuz Imma boss." Then I seen this fine ass shorty named, uh, shit. She gotta name. I just don't recall it.

I grabbed her arm and pulled her into my lap. "What's up?"

"What you mean what's up? It ain't shit up." She said, with her face all twisted up and ugly.

"Why you fronting yo move, baby girl?"

"Ain't nobody fronting, Memphis!" She snapped. "Plus, my nigga in here."

I chuckled. "I guarantee that nigga can't do what the fuck I do. Not too long ago you was wit it. Now you tryna diss me?"

She smacked her lips and rolled her eyes dramatically. Extra ass bitch. Just then her boyfriend must've walked in cuz she hopped up quick as hell.

"Danielle! What the fuck you doing wit' this nigga?!" Kevin yelled.

"Nothing, daddy." She said, quick and suspect.

I laughed. "She was about to suck my dick." I lied just to start some shit.

Chavo laughed too, making Kevin feel disrespected on his own turf. Kevin snickered before pulling out his gun and killing his bitch.

Pow, Pow. Chavo pulled out his gun and I followed right away he laid out the niggas at the table while I popped the two cats standing in the doorway.

We both turned our guns on Kevin. "We gotta message for you, bruh." I chuckled out.

"This was a set up?" He mugged us both.

Chavo laughed. "Call it what you want." We both emptied our clips out on him sending him to his maker.

We grabbed our duffle bags and then rushed over to the safe. After cleaning them out, we started to head out when Chavo just stopped in his footsteps.

"You get the same message, bitch." Chavo smirked, before sending two hot ones in my chest.

I laid in a puddle of my own blood, twitching, as I watched Chavo disappear out of the house with both duffle bags.

Fuck. Khadijah? I closed my eyes and faded into darkness.