Chapter 3: A Maknae's Gift

I can't believe I'm finally here.

Namjoon had shown me to my room, the fourth door on the left. There are four doors on each side of the hallway and one at the end, which he explained to me is their studio where they do VLive's and record music.

On the left on the far end is mine, and beside that is Jimin's, then Yoongi and finally Namjoon's room. Across from me is Taehyung, then Jungkook, Jin, and Hoseok in that order.

"Don't hesitate to knock if you need anything, though I'd be careful with Yoongi. He doesn't like being disturbed from his precious slumber," Namjoon said with a wink. "Though we did get him a do not disturb sign for when he is producing music. You were ARMY so I assume you've seen how he gets on some of our videos."

I had simply nodded as we headed to my room. Namjoon had both of my suitcases, insisting like Jungkook had earlier to just worry about my other bags. My room was the only one without a see-through door, instead replaced with a simple white wooden one

"We weren't going to get a new door for this room until after you had settled in, we didn't want you to be uncomfortable or anything," he explained when I asked about it. "None of our doors have locks on them either, we were thinking about getting some recently but thought if you needed us in case of emergency it's better not to have them."

Well now I feel kinda bad, they put so much thought into my living space when they really didn't need to. "You didn't have to go through so much trouble, but I appreciate it," I said in my usual quiet tone, unable to hide the initial shyness I'm feeling.

Namjoon opens my door and leads me in, closing it softly behind us. "It's not much, but we hope you like it." he said softly.

Honestly, it's more than I thought it would be. To my immediate right is a bathroom, and it's design is kind of like a hotel room. I set my carry on against the wall and take a look around.

Against the wall to my right in the center is a double bed with a mahogany head and foot-board. The tan covers reminded me of coffee with heavy cream, it's covered with white swirls and matching pillows. There is a nightstand on either side, both also made of mahogany with simple lamps on top.

On the left wall and directly in front of the bed is a mahogany dresser with a flat-screen TV on it. The drawers of the dresser have small crystal knobs on them with gold trim. To the left that is a small vanity that matches the dresser with a mirror on the back, and to the right is a full length mirror mounted on the wall.

The back of the room only has half a wall from the left, where a desk and chair reside like a small office space. What caught my attention was the other half.

Instead of being a wall, the other half of the back was a large floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the city below. A small black piano rests on a white rug to which I immediately run over to.

"It's so beautiful...." I thought, running my hand along the piano.

"Yoongi picked it out, he thought you'd like it," Namjoon replies and I turn to see him leaning against the wall and grinning like an idiot.

Fuck, I said my thoughts out loud. I can feel my cheeks heat up from embarrassment again before I clear my throat out of awkwardness.

"That's really kind of him..." I said, though I won't admit to him that I feel a little spoiled.

"Well, I'll leave you to settle in. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything," he said, leaving my suitcases by my carry on before heading out the door, closing it behind him.

Now I'm just laying here on my bed, staring at my ceiling as I start to process all of this.