Chapter 34: Compromise

Hoseok's POV-

It's been hours since we left the practice studio, but Taylor still hasn't called or returned home. I was a little worried when she asked us to leave without her, but then I remembered what she had said earlier. It's true, she does have to work that much harder just to catch up in a way, so I don't blame her for wanting to spend another couple hours on the choreography. However, it's already getting late, the sun has long since set and no one has heard a word.

"Do you think something happened?" Jimin asks, putting his phone down. He tried to call her a few times during the past hour, to no avail.

"Mm, maybe her phone died? She does know that there is a phone she can use in the practice room to call us." Jungkook responds. Sadly though we can't call that phone, since it's paired with all the other lines in the building.

I stand up and brush my pants off. "I'll go to the practice room and check on her," I respond, causing all of the members to stand up with me. I hold my hand up, knowing they want to all go too, but for some reason I have a bad feeling about this. "You guys should stay here in case she calls," I say, and the other members send glances to one another before giving me a reluctant nod. I grab my jacket and start to head out, before being stopped by Jin.

"I accidentally grabbed her bag of clothes on the way back, can you take them too? In case she is still there I mean," Jin asks and I nod, taking the duffel bag in my hands. I wave at them with a bright smile before making my way out of the dorm.

It doesn't take me that long to get there, since it's so late that hardly anyone is on the roads. I notice the lights in the practice room are still on, so I assume she must still be in there. I know she wanted to get some extra practice in, but this is a bit much. I think to myself as I head inside, and I notice first how silent the room is. "Taylor?" I call, before my eyes settle on the collapsed figure on the practice floor.

"Holy shit-" I cut myself off, throwing my back to the ground as I rush to her side. I gently shake her a bit, hoping to god that she wakes up. Please be okay, please be okay, I think to myself and after a few moments I see her open her eyes. I let out a sigh of relief, and it takes her a moment to realize I'm there. Once she does she gasps and sits up, checking her phone.

"Aw man!" Taylor complains, facepalming. "I was only planning to be out until around eight, I wasted so much time!" I look at the woman before me in utter shock. We had left practice around three in the afternoon, and now it's about ten at night. Was she really planning on staying for another five hours?

"Taylor, if you keep doing this you're going to exhaust yourself," I say quietly, and she jumps as if remembering I was there. "Hoseok, I have to push my limits otherwise I won't get anywhere," she responds as she stands up. I notice her legs shake for a moment, and I can feel my heart sink a little. She's been pushing herself so hard that it's already starting to take a toll on her muscles.

"Honey, I know you feel that you need to work hard," I say as I stand as well. "But it's not healthy for you or your body. Why didn't you text us at all if you planned to stay so late?"

"Because I knew you wouldn't let me. I need to at least get that part in FIRE down, and then I'm golden," Taylor replies, narrowing her eyes at me. Something tells me this isn't the first time she's heard those words, which actually makes it worse. She knows it but she isn't willing to listen, truly believing that she must work herself to exhaustion just to be on our level in some way. It should make me a little angry, since I know she is stubborn and it's ridiculous for her to be so reckless.

But I understand her point of view. Taylor knows we had years of training and so much more just to get where we are, while she hasn't. This fuels her drive to be better, and now I see why Jin is constantly worried about her eating habits. I know he told us about her anorexia, but we also figure it's due to some other trauma or something. It's not like Jimin when he was constantly trying to please ARMY with his looks and muscles, it's another thing entirely.