Chapter 87: Our New Home

"Ah, Tajang let me help you with that."

Hoseok smiles brightly as he takes the box from my hands, setting it over with the rest of my stuff. We are just now packing up the rest of my things, the boys are kind enough to help me since there's only so much I can do on crutches. Today is the day we are leaving for our new home, it took a couple weeks to actually find a better place to live. None of us have seen the new place, all that we know is that the company recieved a generous donation that came out of nowhere.

At least, that's what the boys believe. 

"Thank you guys so much, you didn't need to help but I really appreciate it," I say as I zip up my suitcase.

Jin smiles before wrapping his arms around my waist, hugging me tightly. "We're always here if you need us, Tajang!" The eldest member and I had made up a little bit ago, it took me a while to figure out how I would apologize. I was afraid that Jin would still be upset, I know I would have if I was in his shoes. But he wasn't, and we ended up going out to dinner that night despite my injury.

Namjoon smiles as he finishes wrapping up my carousel in bubble wrap. I notice the familiar sapphire silver around his neck, unable to keep a smile off my face seeing it. I wasn't able to give it to him on his birthday, so the boys were kind enough to give it to him for me. They filmed his reaction, the poor man was in tears when he opened the wrapped package and saw the necklace surrounded by white fabric.

And yes, I trust Namjoon enough not to break my carousel, as ironic as that is. 

"The others are probably done loading everything else into the moving van, so we should get these last boxes out there too," Our leader says as he places the carousel in my carry on bag. 

The rest of us nod in agreement and we head out of the room while grabbing boxes on the way. The boys entrust me with just my carry on and suitcase, since it's difficult for me to carry anything else. Even Sketch helps out, happily keeping pace beside me with his bag of toys in his mouth. Ever since the incident I've been working with Sketch on new tricks like this, and we learned that one of the security was actually certified in dog training. This made training my little baby much easier on all of us.

As I make my way to the door, I look back at my room one last time. The place that was filled with fan gifts and items given to me by the boys was now just as barren as it was when I arrived, minus all of the furniture except for the bed. I can feel a little pang in my heart seeing this, I had called this room my home for so long now. This was the place I started, and now this is the last time I'll be in here.

Tears I didn't even realize I had began to burn behind my eyes, a couple of them escaping onto my cheeks. Old memories of my time in this room slowly begins to resurface, causing more tears to spring forth. 

"Well, I'll leave you to settle in. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything!"

"I uh... I picked out a gift I hope you'll like.." he starts, not looking up at me at all. "All of us wanted to get you something, like a house warming gift so..."

"You read too quickly, slow down for me, will you?"

"Crying is not necessarily a weakness, it shows that we are human and that we truly feel. It may just be a part of your heart that doesn't want to show that weakness yet."

"Next time, I'll be the one you'll be dressing up for."

I feel a pair of arms wrap around me as I start to choke on sobs, burying my face in my hands as more memories begin to surface.

"Just when I think I kind of have an idea of how you are, you turn around and surprise all of us again. You're an enigma to me, Taylor."