Chapter 47: I'm Not A Damsel In Distress

"There you are, I've been worried sick!"

Jimin hurries over to us, his black mask covering his face still. Thankfully I never took mine off, and Kai pulls his back up over his face. "Annyeonsaeyo, Jimin-hyung!" Kai says with a bright smile.

Jimin gives him one in return before kneeling in front of me. "You didn't get grabbed or anything did you? How did they even know it was you?"

I turn a little red at how protective he is. "I'm okay, I think the man recognized my voice. Since I don't speak Korean? Thankfully Kai was there to save me." I respond, looking over at the younger man with a grin.

However, Kai's eyes darken a bit. "The dude was a creep. I wanted to kick his butt so bad."

Jimin narrows his eyes as well, turning his attention back to me. "Next time, I'm not leaving your side. Who knows what could have happened if Kai hadn't been there!"

"Jimin, I can take care of myself," I scold, crossing my arms. "I may not have been an idol for very long but that doesn't mean I'm defenseless." I feel a little anger starting to bubble in my chest, but I push it down so as not to lose my head.

"Maybe but you're still in a foreign country. You need to be careful what you say or do now because the public eye is always watching." Jimin replies in a soft voice, to which I merely let out a sigh before standing.

"Let's just go. There are probably people still waiting at the store, so we should take another route to the car." I respond, pulling out my phone. I send a quick message to the group chat, saying we encountered a problem and are heading home earlier than we expected. I immediately get a flood of responses, causing me to groan.

HobiSunflower:

>>You aren't hurt are you?

memequeen13:

No, I'm fine. So is Jimin, in case you were worried at all about him.<<

GucciTae:

>>Thank god!

GodOfDestruction:

>>News of you at the store is already spreading, so the PR is currently handling it.

memequeen13:

That bad?<<

WorldwideHandsome:

>>I wouldn't worry your pretty little head about it.

Genius:

>>Yeah, the staff is used to this kind of stuff

>>So it's not a big deal.

memequeen13:

You sure the manager won't be upset?<<

GoldenMaknae:

>>We're sure.

>>These kind of things happen to us a lot more often than you think

memequeen13:

If you say so..<<

I quickly put my phone back in my pocket as a car pulled up to the alleyway. "That's our ride," Jimin says, before turning to Kai. "Need a lift?"

The younger man shakes his head. "Nah, I still gotta finish here. I'm meeting up with Yeonjun in a bit. I'll hopefully see you all another time?" Kai responds, giving me another smile. I nod, waving as I take Jimin's hand and lead him to the van.