Chapter 53: Come Be My Teacher

I feel my breathing getting heavier as I hoist myself up again, the silks wrapped around my bare feet to keep me upright. I grasp at the white fabric, rotating my legs to get a better grip. I've been practicing for a while now for the 'Stars' music video.

What the boys don't know is that I've grown up using aerial silks, mainly because I find it a beautiful tool for dance. Though to be fair, not even Gisselle knows about this.

I only started using aerial silks my senior year of high school. I'd sneak out of the house late at night and head to the park nearby, where I would often spend my time climbing trees like a normal child would. I never had that normalcy in my childhood, so I jumped at the opportunity.

I had taken online classes and had purchased my own silks to hang at the top of the tree, so you could say I'm somewhat self taught. I guess I've been doing this for almost two years now though.

I wrap the silk strand around my waist before following with my other leg, moving so that I'm now hanging upside down. Due to how the silk is wrapped around my body I have plenty of leverage to keep me from falling, and I extend my left arm for the certain pose I plan to use.

 Due to how the silk is wrapped around my body I have plenty of leverage to keep me from falling, and I extend my left arm for the certain pose I plan to use

"Holy-"

I'm interrupted by a certain mochi. Jimin looks up at me from the floor of the practice room, mouth agape in shock. I revel in the feeling, giving him a bright smile as I hold the pose.

"If you're going to stare, you may as well take a photo. I want to see how I look too," I say, and the man immediately takes out his phone.

"You look like a professional, when were you going to tell us about this?" Jimin asks as he snaps away.

"Uh, when the music video comes out?" I respond, allowing him to get a couple more photos before starting to unravel the fabric from around my body. I watch his awestruck face as I do it quickly and smooth, sliding down the silks and landing gracefully on my feet.

Of course, my muscles are on fire from holding myself up for as long as I have already. I'm due for a break. "Wait, so you're doing this for your first video? I thought you wanted to learn contemporary for it?" Jimin asks as I grab my bottled water, chugging half of the contents in one go.

"I want to do both. When I perform it live I want to do the contemporary dance , unless the manager wants me to do aerial silks for that. Speaking of, I still need to talk to Yoongi about fully producing the song, because I still don't have a digital version." I say as I take a seat on the bench.

Jimin takes a seat beside me, handing me my towel that I had lying on my bag. I was dressed in a simple red leotard that I had picked up a couple weeks ago, though it won't be the one for the music video.

I notice Jimin's eyes on my legs, specifically my thighs. It's now I realize that this is the most exposed I've been since we went to the beach for my birthday. "Hey, my eyes are up here," I tease, causing the poor mochi to clear his throat and turn a bright red.