Chapter 17: Enigma

I wince a little in pain as I slip off the jacket, discarding the destroyed bra and dress to the bathroom counter. That was my favorite dress, I complain to myself before looking at my own reflection in the mirror.

Along my sides and my right shoulder are dark purple bruises from when I was thrown around like a fucking rag doll. I turn around to find similar bruises along my back, along with a large tattoo of a crab.

Wait, what?

I look at the marking in surprise. A golden crab with constellations around it and ripples beneath its body, completely colored in unlike the other tattoos I've gotten.The tattoo itself is huge, covering most of my back but leaving room for the semi-large butterfly at my waist.

When did I get that? I wonder for a few moments before realization hits me. I feel my face heat up a bit as I recall the blast of warmth earlier when Namjoon kissed me under the stars.

Fuck... Namjoon KISSED me. KIM NAMJOON KISSED ME!

I mentally fan girl for a few moments before letting out a sigh of happiness. I shake my head and regain control of my rational thought, though honestly I'd rather have that invading my thoughts over what happened after.

Shit, I forgot about Gisselle. I search the jacket for my phone but don't find it, so I must have left it at the park. I can't call her from one of the guy's phones because that's practically like leaking their number, so it'll have to wait until I can either find a payphone or find my own.

I loved that little fox keychain too..

I look at my choices of sleepwear I had picked out. The first was a simple sweater with some sweatpants, but it hurt enough to take off the jacket so I don't think I'd be able to sleep with that.

The other outfit is a simple, comfortable sports bra and shorts. I decide to go with that since it wouldn't be brushing up on any of my injuries.

"Taylor, you good?" I hear Taehyung call from outside the bathroom door as I slip the bra over my head. "You weren't very steady on your feet, so I won't hesitate to bust in if you fall or something."

My face turns a bright red at the thought of him bursting in on me like this. "I-I'm okay! Just give me another minute!" I call, quickly pulling on the shorts so at least I won't be nude if he does decide to come in.

I gather up my discarded clothes, taking one more glance in the mirror. My bruises are going to be visible, but there isn't really much I can do about that.

I open the door and find him sitting on my bed, scrolling through his phone. I fold my destroyed clothes to the best of my ability before setting them down on my dresser. I turn to see Taehyung's gaze on my stomach area, and I can feel my face heat up a bit in embarrassment.

"I don't normally show so much skin," I explain nervously. I had already taken my makeup off before changing so I simply sit in front of my vanity to start braiding my hair. "It just hurts a bit to wear something over it."

"I know," Taehyung chokes out, clearing his throat and walking over to stand behind me. He gently wraps his arms around my neck in a hug, careful of the bruise on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry.." he says softly, and I stop removing the ribbons for a moment, looking up at him.

"Sorry..? For what?" I ask in confusion.

"I've already bonded to you and I haven't been acting like a proper soulmate at all," Taehyung explains, burying his face into my neck.

"While you've been so comforting and concerned for us, I realize I haven't been doing the same. Tonight made me realize that."