Chapter 62: The Truth Untold

The camera crew made sure all of their cameras were off the entire time as I explained to the boys everything I told Yoongi the first day I was here, adding in the parts I told Hobi as well. All of the members looked shocked throughout my entire explanation, Jin rubbing gentle circles on my back as I got my thoughts together.

By the end of it everyone was speechless, even Yoongi.

The eldest is the first to speak. "Now everything is starting to make sense," he says softly, leaning back in his seat. "Man, I had no idea how insensitive that was of me back then. I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I reply, shaking my head as he's referring to our session of twenty questions that day. After that whole spiel I do feel a bit better, like an enormous weight has been lifted off of my chest. "It's not your fault, and it was a valid question to ask."

"There's one thing I don't understand," Taehyung chimes in a quiet tone. "Why didn't you come to us for help, even after we told you that's what we are here for? You've been dealing with this all by yourself, I just hate that there may have been something we could have done to make it easier on you.."

"Hun, it's not that simple. You guys probably have your own issues to deal with and I didn't want to add more with my baggage. I guess I figured that I was strong enough to handle it on my own, and that worrying you would be unnecessary."

"Tajang, we are going to worry about our members no matter what," Jungkook says, and the rest of the boys nod in agreement.

"I know that now.. I just hope you guys don't think of me any differently now," I admit, rubbing the back of my neck in nervousness.

My soulmates look at each other in confusion, before Jimin speaks up with a smile on his face. "What have we done to make you think that?"

"Huh?"

"Taylor, so what if your past isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Just because we learned this information now doesn't change how we think of you. Your past made you who you are, with or without this information you're still the same Tajang we know and love."

"Though I would very much like to see a photo of your parents, just so I know whose ass to kick as soon as I see them," Jin adds, forcing me to stifle a laugh of surprise.

"Jin, language!"

"Oh hush woman, it's well deserved here." Well, I can't argue with that. I pull open my phone, scanning my gallery for a few minutes. I know I have an old photo of us three, though this was before my grandmother took Gisselle in.

I finally found it at the bottom of my gallery, I remember taking this when I was about six or so, my mother had insisted on entering me into a silly little children's beauty pageant then. Surprise surprise, I ended up winning.

I would have much rather been playing around in the dirt like the other kids though.

This is the closest photo I could find for what I had in mind~