Celebration: Ego

Theme song for this chapter: Ego by J-hope

The rest of the afternoon was full of laughter, fun and surprises all around. The boys had the bright idea of playing some four on four volleyball, since it's a beach party staple. Cliche in my opinion, but it's not like I mind it. I do love some sports, volleyball being one of them. It was decided to be Maknaes vs. Hyungs, so of course I'm teamed up with the younger three.

The older members started first, with Hoseok serving to us. I'm in the front for now along with Jimin, even though I would rather be in the back. This is only due to the difference in height between us and the other maknaes. The ball flies over the net and Jungkook hits in back, creating a volley between the two teams as the game begins.

It was decided that we would go first to ten points, and both sides are now tied with nine points. The volley has been going back and forth for a while now, and both sides were getting exhausted. Then, Jin sends the ball high up into the air, to where we can't see it well. All of us stand there for a moment, trying to track the ball. It was Jungkook who noticed first.

"Taylor, c'mon!" He calls to me, and I look over to find him kneeling with his hands folded, like a stepping stone. I look at him like he is crazy, but then it clicks as the ball starts to come down. It feels as if the world is running in slow motion, like one of those action scenes in the movies. I run as fast as I can to Jungkook, stepping onto his outstretched hands. He launches me up into the air, and I use that momentum to turn and spike the ball down towards the other team.

"Holy shit-" Jimin says as Jungkook catches me on my way down. The ball hurls towards Namjoon, and thank god that he's the god of destruction. He trips over himself as he dives for the ball, earning a face full of sand and a win for us. The rest of the maknae line cheers while I rush over, the guilt settling a little in my stomach. I hope he isn't hurt, oh god what do I do? I wonder as I kneel at Namjoon's side where he is brushing the sand from his face.

"Are you alright?" I ask, worried that he may have been injured somehow.

Namjoon smiles back at me and shakes the sand from his hair. "Yeah, I'm good! That was one hell of a spike though. Did you play volleyball or something in high school?"

I shake my head, standing and holding my hand out for him to take. "Nah, just another hobby of mine." I say, pulling him to his feet. He leans over and kisses my forehead, I assume to reassure me with a smile.

As a reward for our victory, we all get to bury one of the hyungs in the sand. So of course Yoongi is the victim we chose. "Gah, what I would give to be a rock right now.." he complains as we drag him to the sand.

Soon enough, Yoongi is pretty well buried in the sand to his dismay. I decided to make a mermaid tail around his legs, putting my artistic talents to use. Jungkook came to help while Jimin and Taehyung took care of his upper half. Just as I'm finishing the end of the fins, I look over to see Jimin piling sand on Yoongi's chest to look like boobs.

Really.

"Jimin, what the actual fuck?" I ask, hearing a quiet "Language!" from Jin in the distance. Yoongi groans as Jimin starts making a starfish bra with the sand. "What? Now Yoongi can be the mermaid he always wanted!"

I roll my eyes as Jungkook stands to take a picture. "Okay, hyung you can get out now," he says after hearing the shutter from the phone. The little meow meow sits up in a hurry, the mermaid boobs falling to the ground.

"Yoongi, how did it feel to have boobs?" Jimin says with a grin. Yoongi merely gives him a death glare as he stalks back up the beach. "Why don't you ask the female of the group?" he replies, causing me to turn a bit red from embarrassment. "I can't do that, it's disrespectful," The mochi says, chasing after his hyung. I start making a small castle as the rest of the boys argue, the sun setting beyond the horizon.